Afrihost - Pure Fibre Feedback Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
It only happened about 4 times during the day for a few seconds but it was enough to drop the stream. You might need to monitor for a few hours to see if it happens. Will leave pingplotter running today to see if it’s behaving.

This issue should be resolved now. We haven't seen any loss since.
 
Glad it's working as expected now. :thumbsup:
Apart from the jitter since day one - but that’s an MFN thing were we logged a fault and it went nowhere. I’m just waiting patiently for openserve to go live then I will “fix” it.
 
Apart from the jitter since day one - but that’s an MFN thing were we logged a fault and it went nowhere. I’m just waiting patiently for openserve to go live then I will “fix” it.

Yes unfortunately it didn't go very far but I think we should log it again?
 
Yes unfortunately it didn't go very far but I think we should log it again?
I would like to replace the EdgerouterX for the AX3 as a test to just to see but I'm worried about it causing issues with mac addresses etc. Is there anything I need to do if I replace the router? If I get the same result with another router then I might just live with it as I don't have the strength to deal with them as they (MFN) didn't know what jitter was the last time. WTF.

Would much rather fix it by changing to openserve and save some money in the process or upgrade to 100mb for R50 more. Then again, not so keen about the garden getting dug up again lol.

It's not causing any pain from my side other than I can't post 1ms speedtests. (not a gamer)

I wonder if upgrading the speed will do something? Do they put you on another port or are they all the same?
 
I would like to replace the EdgerouterX for the AX3 as a test to just to see but I'm worried about it causing issues with mac addresses etc. Is there anything I need to do if I replace the router? If I get the same result with another router then I might just live with it as I don't have the strength to deal with them as they (MFN) didn't know what jitter was the last time. WTF.

Would much rather fix it by changing to openserve and save some money in the process or upgrade to 100mb for R50 more. Then again, not so keen about the garden getting dug up again lol.

It's not causing any pain from my side other than I can't post 1ms speedtests. (not a gamer)

I wonder if upgrading the speed will do something? Do they put you on another port or are they all the same?

It would be the exact same port just the bandwidth profiles adjusted.

When you change routers you would just need to do the activation page again.
 
Would much rather fix it by changing to openserve and save some money in the process or upgrade to 100mb for R50 more. Then again, not so keen about the garden getting dug up again lol.
Have Openserve and my garden wasn't touched. Cable is running from the corner pole to my roof, alongside the old telephone cable. Not sure what they do if you don't have any infrastructure in place.
 
Had some weird issues over the past couple of days. Speedtest reports this, which is not great for a 200mb line:
12762129251.png


which would be livable if it was what I was actually experiencing. Unfortunately, what I'm experiencing is Youtube unable to load video above 240p and Git unable to pull. Happens a couple of times a day. Is there some sort of intermittent issue in Centurion?
 
Had some weird issues over the past couple of days. Speedtest reports this, which is not great for a 200mb line:
12762129251.png


which would be livable if it was what I was actually experiencing. Unfortunately, what I'm experiencing is Youtube unable to load video above 240p and Git unable to pull. Happens a couple of times a day. Is there some sort of intermittent issue in Centurion?

Hi,

Which FNO are you currently on?
 
Not sure what that means? Openserve is our provider in the area.

Yes FNO is the Fibre network Operator.

I'm also seeing degraded international speeds and latency on my side. I'm engaging with Noc to see what the issue might be.
 
Yes FNO is the Fibre network Operator.

I'm also seeing degraded international speeds and latency on my side. I'm engaging with Noc to see what the issue might be.

We have logged a ticket with the vendor and we are currently investigating the degraded international speeds and latency with them.
 
We have logged a ticket with the vendor and we are currently investigating the degraded international speeds and latency with them.
Evening, any updates on this looks like my intl is getting clobbered via ubisoft launcher on a 200/200 line (Vumatel)
1644950562990.png



 
Evening, any updates on this looks like my intl is getting clobbered via ubisoft launcher on a 200/200 line (Vumatel)
View attachment 1244862




Hi,

Yes unfortunately there is still an issue with international transit during evening peaks 7pm to 11pm. We still investigating the issue with the vendors involved.

Ubisoft should be downloading via local caches though and we have an on network akamai cache also that should improve download speeds. Are you using any other DNS?
 
Hi,

Yes unfortunately there is still an issue with international transit during evening peaks 7pm to 11pm. We still investigating the issue with the vendors involved.

Ubisoft should be downloading via local caches though and we have an on network akamai cache also that should improve download speeds. Are you using any other DNS?
Yeah I would have thought it would use local caching, am using 169.1.1.2 and 169.1.1.3 think they are your auto assign ones? Noticed some other streaming sites are also a bit potato during the day too.
 
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X