Afrihost Pure Fibre Issues

KadeS

Soooo I have a 100Down pure fibre line and I’ve had it for a week, now all of a sudden I’m getting 10Down speeds.

Attachments

• 3FCD2A0B-0D4B-4981-956D-37306856BBC5.png
    3FCD2A0B-0D4B-4981-956D-37306856BBC5.png
    188.6 KB · Views: 46

EchoZA

Expert Member
Issue started when I was "upgraded" to the 200/200 special, the FNO is Vumatel.

EchoZA

Expert Member
1604401881698.png
Single point test, local speeds.

1604401971795.png
Single point test, international speeds.

Aquadyne

Expert Member
Fiber has been down since Friday evening.

Reported on Saturday morning - was told it was a general area outage and cannot get my own reference number.

I advised then that it is not showing up on the Network outages page and it should be corrected as it is a general area outage.

Went away for weekend and came back Sunday evening - still down.

Reported it again - it is still not on the Network notices page as a general area outage.

Was given a reference number today though.

So, Fiber down for 3 days - general area outage - yet no notification in the network notification page.

That is not good enough.

I have confirmed that it is in fact a General Area Outage.
Was advised that Openserve does not work over weekends to fix problems.

Openserve / Afrihost 200M Down/ 100M Up
Area: Sunset Beach, Cape Town.

Keep power-cycling the ONT every few hours hoping for a change. Alas it remains Pure Internet Folly.

Lord of the Storm

I have heard good reviews from my friends who are using Afrihost. I just want to find out what should I do after my Telkom Fibre contract is ending 20 December 2020. How long will it take to activate Afrihost after they release the Fibre Line to Afrihost?
Question 2 What is your opinion on keeping the current modem Telkom Fibre gave me when signing up 18 Months ago? Question 3 I am currently using a 20mbs dwld and 2mbs upload at Telkom. Streaming Netflix and Showmax and Youtube is great, but DSTV go streaming is a nightmare with many pauses and refreshing involved. Please give me your advice soonest.

AfriNatic

Afrihost Rep
Staff member
I have heard good reviews from my friends who are using Afrihost. I just want to find out what should I do after my Telkom Fibre contract is ending 20 December 2020. How long will it take to activate Afrihost after they release the Fibre Line to Afrihost?
Question 2 What is your opinion on keeping the current modem Telkom Fibre gave me when signing up 18 Months ago? Question 3 I am currently using a 20mbs dwld and 2mbs upload at Telkom. Streaming Netflix and Showmax and Youtube is great, but DSTV go streaming is a nightmare with many pauses and refreshing involved. Please give me your advice soonest.

Thank you for getting in touch with me via pm I hope I answered all the questions you had. :)