Afrihost | Pure LTE | Late router delivery

Onitogram

It's working day 8 of waiting for my router to be delivered.

I contacted the courier, earliest they can get it to me is working day 9, which if delayed further by one day, would make it a full 2 weeks after placing the order.

I've been billed already pro-rate for the service, 5 days before the proposed delivery date. that's 17% of a month.

I'm going to give it 48h then put in a bank dispute for both the R999 day one fee (for the router) and the R300+ for a service I can't use.

I've been in contact with them, via a few channels, a whole lot of talk, a whole lot of no action.

Here's the full story:

MirageF1

Executive Member
Not trying to defend the late delivery in any way, and quite understand your frustration at having been pre billed, missed delivery target and had no use of any service... but you will be refunded for non service as well as having your data reduced for that period in question, both pro rata.

Anyway AH rep will confirm all this I assume.

AfriMan

Afrihost Representative
Company Rep
It's working day 8 of waiting for my router to be delivered.

I contacted the courier, earliest they can get it to me is working day 9, which if delayed further by one day, would make it a full 2 weeks after placing the order.

I've been billed already pro-rate for the service, 5 days before the proposed delivery date. that's 17% of a month.

I'm going to give it 48h then put in a bank dispute for both the R999 day one fee (for the router) and the R300+ for a service I can't use.

I've been in contact with them, via a few channels, a whole lot of talk, a whole lot of no action.

Here's the full story:
Hey there

I totally understand your frustration. With RICA deliveries, we find they do take a little longer, though we've added a few improvements to make the process better.

Please give the courier a little more time to get to you, I promise I will give back whatever we billed in credit so you only pay for what you could use.

Drop me a PM with your details and I'll see to it.

Onitogram

Hey there

I totally understand your frustration. With RICA deliveries, we find they do take a little longer, though we've added a few improvements to make the process better.

Please give the courier a little more time to get to you, I promise I will give back whatever we billed in credit so you only pay for what you could use.

Drop me a PM with your details and I'll see to it.
Thanks the quick response, I understand that an additional process may be required for RICA orders, but my order was only packed for courier collection at noon - working day 7, Thursday. The very last day of the ‘estimated’ window of delivery. No way the courier would be able to get from JHB to CPT before 5pm.

I’m not alone in this too, anyway. Update your estimated delivery time to between 7 and 10 working days to mirror the truth. I’m a freelancer that rents deskspace on a weekly basis, this week I had to hotspot with my phone from home due to being duped by afrihost making me believe that I’d potentially have internet at home from Tuesday.

Will DM you in a few hours

AfriFella

Afrihost
Company Rep
Thanks the quick response, I understand that an additional process may be required for RICA orders, but my order was only packed for courier collection at noon - working day 7, Thursday. The very last day of the ‘estimated’ window of delivery. No way the courier would be able to get from JHB to CPT before 5pm.

I’m not alone in this too, anyway. Update your estimated delivery time to between 7 and 10 working days to mirror the truth. I’m a freelancer that rents deskspace on a weekly basis, this week I had to hotspot with my phone from home due to being duped by afrihost making me believe that I’d potentially have internet at home from Tuesday.

Will DM you in a few hours
Thanks for the feedback Onitogra, you make a very compelling argument. I have asked our branding team to update the delivery dates as per your request.

Onitogram

Yeah, if only this was the only issue.

Internet access has been down since Yesterday, 4pm

Really really **** service this, I'm considering another ISP.

AfriFella

Afrihost
Company Rep
Yeah, if only this was the only issue.

Internet access has been down since Yesterday, 4pm

Really really **** service this, I'm considering another ISP.
Oh no! I am so sorry that your connection is down. Please drop me a PM with your clientzone username so I can have a look.