Afrihost Support Trial Forum

AfriMan

Afrihost Representative
Company Rep
Good Morning Afriman,

kindly take a look at my reply this morning to Ticket # TSP-463-75199 with confirmation letter from my bank that the first amount on 01 May 2018 did indeed go off as well and pass the credit - which coincidentally is also holding up my next payment to Afrihost resulting in an Arrear situation :(( not a happy Afrihost customer at all currently
According to our payment carrier (that processes our credit card transactions) we only received the one payment. We're going to do an investigation to find out if the amount is reflected in our bank account. However, please be patient - we deal with thousands of transactions per day and this may take a little time.

Space

According to our payment carrier (that processes our credit card transactions) we only received the one payment. We're going to do an investigation to find out if the amount is reflected in our bank account. However, please be patient - we deal with thousands of transactions per day and this may take a little time.
Thank you very much AfriMan and please thank Samantha at accounts - the discrepancy was sorted.

SlowInternet

Executive Member
My Rain LTE is down at the moment. I've rebooted the router a few times, no luck. Red light showing. It was working fine until about 6pm then it went down.

Anybody else having problems ?

AfriMan

Afrihost Representative
Company Rep
My Rain LTE is down at the moment. I've rebooted the router a few times, no luck. Red light showing. It was working fine until about 6pm then it went down.

Anybody else having problems ?
Not aware of any general problems. Any power issues in your area? Perhaps the towers are affected if there are power outages :(

SlowInternet

Executive Member
Not aware of any general problems. Any power issues in your area? Perhaps the towers are affected if there are power outages :(
Working again this morning. Seems that there might have been a power outage in some areas. Thanks AfriMan

Samildanach

I'm having lag issues in Durban (Amanzimtoti).. anybody else? 211ms to Afrihosts servers

Johnatan56

Honorary Master
Hi there

We have launched the Afrihost Support Trial Forum, where the Afrihost reps can solve problems of users, close threads, and the like.

We want to test if a dedicated ISP support forum has value, and would make it easier for members to get issues resolved.

Rather than use a single thread, each support issue can now have a separate thread (similar to a support ticket).

We will run it for a month, and then ask users to vote on whether it has value or not.

Please Note: The Afrihost Reps have mod rights in this forum, and may delete posts which are not constructive. You are welcome to continue to post these views in the general ISP forum, like previously.
So, years later, still no update on a vote? No other provider that has their own sub-forum? Considering the fact that Afrihost support has now gone from ~1-2 day reply to averaging 3-5, are you sure that they should still get their own sub forum, plus that they have moderation rights?

AfriNatic

Afrihost Rep
Staff member
So, years later, still no update on a vote? No other provider that has their own sub-forum? Considering the fact that Afrihost support has now gone from ~1-2 day reply to averaging 3-5, are you sure that they should still get their own sub forum, plus that they have moderation rights?
We honestly have been trying to reply as fast as we can. There was a bit of a hiccup during the December and January period. This is all fixed now and we will now be on everybody except for weekends.

thorza

My internet is down for three hours. Went down after 5 when Afrihost support ends. Sent three emails to them and am still waiting 3 hours later. Afrihost at one stage was the worst if the isp"s but if my service with them is anything to go by they are absolute rubbish now. Stay away.

AfriNatic

Afrihost Rep
Staff member
My internet is down for three hours. Went down after 5 when Afrihost support ends. Sent three emails to them and am still waiting 3 hours later. Afrihost at one stage was the worst if the isp"s but if my service with them is anything to go by they are absolute rubbish now. Stay away.
That is horrible to hear. By any chance do you have a Vumatel connection?