All things Shelly

orange

Yes. They use DHL Express. Shipping is quick and painless, albeit not the cheapest. You only pay customs/import-tax a few days after the order.
They have two options, DHL Express & 'Standard International Shipping'.

The second it the one I'm interested in experiences with.

ShellySA

Dealer
They have two options, DHL Express & 'Standard International Shipping'.

The second it the one I'm interested in experiences with.
Hello @ orange.
The second option pertains to shipping via post.

We would not recommend this method as your parcel will be undoubtedly lost using the south african postal services.

The DHL route is quick and convenient, well mostly quick

Tinuva

The Magician

Shelly works without internet or hub! Didnt know this. Thought its like Sonoff.
Yeah the best part about shelly is, you can integrate it into home assistant without flashing, if you switch on mqtt it disables the cloud part for you. There is also a mqtt discovery addon which makes it a treat to use with home assistant.

ebendl

Expert Member
Does anybody know where one can buy the Shelly dimmer / dimmer 2 locally?

Messem

Couple of questions about the dimmer
1. Can one device be used to dim a set of 220v downlights?
2. Can she schedule be setup so that is someone turns on the bathroom lights late at night they will come on dimmed?
3. Where can I get hold of some of these bad boys?

Thanks!

Tinuva

The Magician
Couple of questions about the dimmer
1. Can one device be used to dim a set of 220v downlights?
2. Can she schedule be setup so that is someone turns on the bathroom lights late at night they will come on dimmed?
3. Where can I get hold of some of these bad boys?

Thanks!

1. Yes. I have gu10 bulbs on most of my dimmers
2. Yes, you can limit the maximum brightness at specific times
3. Not sure, I imported my dimmer2s but got my original dimmers from @ShellySA

Messem

Ok so the Shelly dimmer looks like the right controller. Has anyone been able to find any 12/24v rgbw downlight globes that will work with it?
Thinking that 4 banks of globes connected to a Shelly dimmer would be the perfect lighting setup for a bathroom/bedroom/any room!

Tinuva

The Magician
Ok so the Shelly dimmer looks like the right controller. Has anyone been able to find any 12/24v rgbw downlight globes that will work with it?
Thinking that 4 banks of globes connected to a Shelly dimmer would be the perfect lighting setup for a bathroom/bedroom/any room!
Why not 220v bulbs?

Messem

Sorry, I'm jumping around. For rgbw I would be using a Shelly rgbw controller.

Messem

Why not 220v bulbs?
Yes, sorry, 2 different applications here.
So with the dimmer, what would be a good bulb to use?

2nd question is around the Shelly rgbw controller, are rgbw downlights available for that?

Tinuva

The Magician
Yes, sorry, 2 different applications here.
So with the dimmer, what would be a good bulb to use?
ok no idea on the rgb stuff.

For the shelly dimmers, any LED bulb that state it supports dimming, or doesn't state it doesn't support dimming also seems to work.

For the GU10, I am not sure what the ideal bulb to buy is yet, because 90% of the bulbs in my house was already dimmable when I moved in, even though they were on regular switches.

For our bed room, the light uses E14 bulbs and I found the Bright Star to be the most cost effective and works just fine with dimming.

E14 G45 (golf) bulbs - Bright Star Lighting BULB LED 120

Shilpesh

Hi

Not sure if anyone can assist I have a Shelly 2.5 which has been working for a few months. Since 2 days ago it seems the shelly is passing though power constantly keeping the light on, on SW01 if I remove SW01 it then passes it to SW02. Even if I remove neutral power is still going through. When switch on or off I can hear the relay clicking but nothing changes

feo

Honorary Master
Hi

Not sure if anyone can assist I have a Shelly 2.5 which has been working for a few months. Since 2 days ago it seems the shelly is passing though power constantly keeping the light on, on SW01 if I remove SW01 it then passes it to SW02. Even if I remove neutral power is still going through. When switch on or off I can hear the relay clicking but nothing changes

Tried resetting to defaults or updating to latest firmware?

Tinuva

The Magician
Me preparing 4 shellies 2.5 and then realizing not enough red cable. Oh well installed 2 and will buy some cable in the week.

8942731f58a4fa983e8f558f9f422248.jpg