All things Shelly

Timbo82

ahh makes sense why the mailbox is not being replied to. pity they were selling the Dimmers last last year. will have to wait for certification i guess

FHTheron

I assume that everyone here hunts on Carbonite as well, but just in case, I have a bunch of Shelly Vintage A60s that I want to sell. (Imported)

tRoN

Executive Member
If there is no neutral at the light switch can shelley be installed at the light fitting in the ceiling ?

carnagelan

Has anyone flashed a shelly motion with Tasmoto? Is it compatible with HA? I need to purchase a few.

ebendl

Expert Member
Has anyone flashed a shelly motion with Tasmoto? Is it compatible with HA? I need to purchase a few.
I don't see them here: https://templates.blakadder.com/

Also, I see they use a different Wifi chip, so I doubt it will support Tasmota.

Shelly Motion sensor to feature Silicon Labs WiFi chip with Bluetooth-like power consumption (cnx-software.com)

EDIT: Then again, if it supports MQTT then you should still be able to use it with Home Assistant. And indeed, it looks like Home Assistant supports it: Shelly - Home Assistant (home-assistant.io)

Tinuva

The Magician
Tasmota is a pain to keep on the latest firmware. With Shelly firmware so much easier. I would keep it on Shelly firmware if possible.

ebendl

Expert Member
Tasmota is a pain to keep on the latest firmware. With Shelly firmware so much easier. I would keep it on Shelly firmware if possible.

No need to update Tasmota if nothing breaks. Basically install and forget.

I found Tasmota better with spotty wifi - had Shelly's in the light sockets reconnect a couple of time until they no longer did, at which point I had to turn the DB on/off to get them back online.

Flashed tasmota on all of them and no issues since.

FHTheron

I bought two Motions. It's definitely early days for this new wifi chip they're using and I would recommend waiting a bit.

Both of mine are set to MQTT only, no CoIot, no Cloud, no Auto Timezone. For a while it seemed like they suffer from heavy packet delays. Not quite dropped, just 2 second response times. With MQTT QoS=2 this would result in a very slow event report. I'm waiting for a firmware update to see what changes. Until then, these are definitely designed to be low power low data devices. Expecting them to always respond like a high-availability server isn't right.

They still do what they should though, but they don't feel as solid as other Shelly products.

carnagelan

I bought two Motions. It's definitely early days for this new wifi chip they're using and I would recommend waiting a bit.

Both of mine are set to MQTT only, no CoIot, no Cloud, no Auto Timezone. For a while it seemed like they suffer from heavy packet delays. Not quite dropped, just 2 second response times. With MQTT QoS=2 this would result in a very slow event report. I'm waiting for a firmware update to see what changes. Until then, these are definitely designed to be low power low data devices. Expecting them to always respond like a high-availability server isn't right.

They still do what they should though, but they don't feel as solid as other Shelly products.
I dont have b

What do you think will be better?
The Sonoff or Shelly as i am going to have a buzzer inside the house. When there is motion it Will activate the buzzer.

Im not sure which will be better. I know how to set this all up.

FHTheron

What do you think will be better?
No idea. I can only say that the Shelly Motion needs to improve a bit and it's pretty expensive. I like it, but even without import duties and taxes, it's already ~R580 where the Sonoff Zigbee sensor seems to be locally available at ~R320 (not sure if you need a hub, I assume so).

carnagelan

No idea. I can only say that the Shelly Motion needs to improve a bit and it's pretty expensive. I like it, but even without import duties and taxes, it's already ~R580 where the Sonoff Zigbee sensor seems to be locally available at ~R320 (not sure if you need a hub, I assume so).
with the Sonoff Zigbee you do need a hub

Dolby

Honorary Master
No idea. I can only say that the Shelly Motion needs to improve a bit and it's pretty expensive

I haven't got one of these - but it seems to offer a bit more than just motion?

Can you use the lux sensor independently of motion ?
In other words, when light in under x threshold, then switch on ramp ?