All things Shelly

Tinuva

The Magician
Installed some shelly dw2s in the last few weeks. The batteries are **** expensive (90 bucks per dw2) and were supposed to last two years. Three weeks later , the shelly dw2 that is just possibly on the edge of the WiFi coverage disappears. This is on a door that is only opened maybe 4 times a week. Checked it, batteries flat. How?? It was only supposed to send updates when the door sensor status changed or temperature change by 1degree IIRC. All the other DW2s are still ok .

So who knows.

Also the shelly app is absolutely **** on Android. What bad design.

Thinking I should just enable MQTT or flash to tasmota and be done with it.
Mqtt works great on original firmware.

Dolby

Honorary Master
Also the shelly app is absolutely **** on Android. What bad design.
We have very different opinions - I much prefer the Shelly app over the Broadlink / Tuya / eWeLink

I prefer the design and where to find the settings etc
I love the custom photos
I prefer the pairing where don't need to force my network to 2.4Ghz to add devices
I prefer the offsets when it comes to temperatures and sunrise/sunset
I prefer the conditional ruling (and / or / valid between etc)
Love the fact I can use Home Assistant with the original FW

1623824779595.png

spikegv

Hi. Did you get any feedback on this? I’m also interested in wiring mine up. Thanks
Hi, I have a nemtek Merlin 4 and have used one of the sonoff inching switches to do this. can you isolate the relay on the Shelley switch?

FHTheron

So I got my own Shelly Motion and although I haven't used it, out the box it seems 10 x more sturdy and solid the the Sonoff I have here. The packing and the device are in a different league to Chinese PIRs

Looking forward to trying it out

Yes it definitely feels solid and like quality. They just really need to sort out their firmware. I'd recommend v1.1.0 at this stage. The latest, v1.1.2 has a memory leak (some deep comment on their facebook page) and it stops working after a day for me. I've set up a scheduled reboot every 30min (from nodered) which helps, but it still sends an MQTT event 10 times in a row sometimes (qos=1). On v1.1.0 it was a little more behaved, so might just go back to that.
(http://0.0.0.0/ota?url=http://archive.shelly-support.eu/v1.1.0/SHMOS-01_build.zip)

brettmcalister

Hi, I have a nemtek Merlin 4 and have used one of the sonoff inching switches to do this. can you isolate the relay on the Shelley switch?
Thanks for the reply. I have no idea if you can isolate it. Maybe one of the other smart guys on here would know. When you say isolate are you referring to a dry contact?

staxza

Wet_shelly.jpeg
This is how Geewiz.co.za ships a product to me. The box was clearly drenched as some point and then left to dry. To scared to switch this on. It might just blow up. It must have passed through many hands and not one person thought maybe we should not ship a product like this.

Within minutes of posting on Facebook Nology was on the case and assured me they did not ship it like this. Will buy directly from Nology in the future. This is the second time i bought from Geewiz and the first time was also a negative experience.

ebendl

Expert Member
View attachment 1106914
This is how Geewiz.co.za ships a product to me. The box was clearly drenched as some point and then left to dry. To scared to switch this on. It might just blow up. It must have passed through many hands and not one person thought maybe we should not ship a product like this.

Within minutes of posting on Facebook Nology was on the case and assured me they did not ship it like this. Will buy directly from Nology in the future. This is the second time i bought from Geewiz and the first time was also a negative experience.
Have you contacted Geewiz?

In the past I've bought from them and they're generally quick, responsive and willing to try and resolve issues.

staxza

Have also normally only had good service from Geewiz, at least let them have a chance to rectify. Let us know of the outcome.
Yes they have sorted it. They contacted me in less than an hour and shipped a new one within 24 hours. I am impressed by their response.

Koorsblaar

Yes they have sorted it. They contacted me in less than an hour and shipped a new one within 24 hours. I am impressed by their response.

Why post on Facebook and not contact Geewiz first?

All my dealings with Geewiz have been very good.

brettmcalister

Can someone please explain this to me? I want to connect this to the plug of my fridge.
The PIC shows the Power IN wires as "NL" but it's the L is connecting to N and the N is connecting to L1. Should you not connect the N to the N and the L to the L1 on the switch and then on the "Power OUT" L goes to L and the N goes to O?
1628680841531.png

Speedster

Honorary Master
Can someone please explain this to me? I want to connect this to the plug of my fridge.
The PIC shows the Power IN wires as "NL" but it's the L is connecting to N and the N is connecting to L1. Should you not connect the N to the N and the L to the L1 on the switch and then on the "Power OUT" L goes to L and the N goes to O?
View attachment 1124316
Does it matter which way around for AC?

Looney

Executive Member
I’m considering buying 15x Shelly Duo RGBW GU10 bulbs for my room and bathroom. Does anyone have experience with these bulbs and how do they compare to other brands like Vizia or BNETA?

Aardvark

You just need to check if these bulbs can retain the power on state. For example if the power fails then the bulbs would need to be to be in the off state when the power comes back on. Not fun at 2am in the morning with load shedding all the lighs come on and wake you up.

killerbyte

Expert Member
You just need to check if these bulbs can retain the power on state. For example if the power fails then the bulbs would need to be to be in the off state when the power comes back on. Not fun at 2am in the morning with load shedding all the lighs come on and wake you up.
You can set that state in the app.

Looney

Executive Member

I have an inverter which powers my whole house and through loadshedding so not too concerned about that.

FHTheron

I’m considering buying 15x Shelly Duo RGBW GU10 bulbs for my room and bathroom. Does anyone have experience with these bulbs and how do they compare to other brands like Vizia or BNETA?
Not with these, but with the screw-in E27 Duos (non-RGB). I have 2 in one room, 3 in another. They work perfectly, except on occasion I have seen a random one fail to trigger on its configured schedule.