All things Shelly

Tinuva

The Magician
Nice where did you get the wago connectors from?
Those are from builders warehouse, their inhouse brand.

34af9aa011ab806bd8e366dad73cf4e1.jpg

ebendl

Expert Member
@ShellySA do you guys have stock of the Shelly dimmer 2. Looking to purchase and haven’t heard back in a week :(

I've been looking for Shelly 2.5's and Shelly dimmers for quite a while - seems like the only option is to wait for certification or to import yourself...

Last edited:

xrapidx

Honorary Master
Those are from builders warehouse, their inhouse brand.

34af9aa011ab806bd8e366dad73cf4e1.jpg
Have you used them with stranded wire? I've got a plug in the bedroom where I can't get to all the wiring - want to move it to a different circuit in the roof - but - I see the wiring is stranded.

Tinuva

The Magician
Have you used them with stranded wire? I've got a plug in the bedroom where I can't get to all the wiring - want to move it to a different circuit in the roof - but - I see the wiring is stranded.
If by stranded wire you mean the black and red wire that can be stranded...then yes.
If you mean the normal blue/brown wire in the power cords for appliances etc...then no.

As long as it is strong, it looks like it gets hooked in.

If you zoom in on the photo in post 538 you will see those are stranded. I find its much easier to put my mixed wires of stranded and non-stranded into these wago plugs to bind them, than mixing them into a single hole.

alqassam

Expert Member

Terminate your wires with these

xrapidx

Honorary Master
If by stranded wire you mean the black and red wire that can be stranded...then yes.
If you mean the normal blue/brown wire in the power cords for appliances etc...then no.

As long as it is strong, it looks like it gets hooked in.

If you zoom in on the photo in post 538 you will see those are stranded. I find its much easier to put my mixed wires of stranded and non-stranded into these wago plugs to bind them, than mixing them into a single hole.
To be honest, I can't recall. I suspect they used a 16A extension cable to run one of the plug points from in the roof. (the plug point itself is mounted on the wall, vs in the wall).

chickenbeef

Executive Member

Terminate your wires with these
Or use some solder and tin the wires.

Arnoldsly99

What do you mean help with?
I had a few big orders last year from them and I'm trying to place another order, but getting no reply. Specifically looking for the Dimmer 2 & 2.5 which can't currently be obtained from other local resellers.

killerbyte

Expert Member
I had a few big orders last year from them and I'm trying to place another order, but getting no reply. Specifically looking for the Dimmer 2 & 2.5 which can't currently be obtained from other local resellers.
Nology is currently waiting on the local certification on both the Dimmer 2 and the 2.5. Unfortunately the local bodies give a timeframe of 3 months.

FHTheron

If anyone is looking to sell a button1, I'd love to try one out.

Actually hoping they can apply the new wifi they use in the Motion in a button, maybe it can respond faster then.

Kooku

Yeah the best part about shelly is, you can integrate it into home assistant without flashing, if you switch on mqtt it disables the cloud part for you. There is also a mqtt discovery addon which makes it a treat to use with home assistant.
You can integrate Sonoff into Home Assistant without flashing using "Sonoff Lan" installed via HACS
Works very nicely

Tinuva

The Magician
You can integrate Sonoff into Home Assistant without flashing using "Sonoff Lan" installed via HACS
Works very nicely
Yes but the cloud is still enabled on it, unlike on the shelly where enabling mqtt disables the cloud.

killerbyte

Expert Member
Yes but the cloud is still enabled on it, unlike on the shelly where enabling mqtt disables the cloud.
There is an add-on for HA with HACS that allows full Shelly integration without needing to switch to MQTT. So you can have HA and Cloud at the same time.

alqassam

Expert Member
Anyway to use a Shelly 1 for nemtek energizer arm system and alarm?

I only have the magnet and with load shedding it beeps and shuts off. I always forget to switch it back on :/