Alternatives to FreeMe 20gb

JustinB

Hi all

I got the FreeMe 20gb when it was on the "big deal" back in April 2019, and it is now coming to the end of the 24 months. I have subsequently learned that the 20gb option is gone, and replaced with a 28gb which is a higher price, but lower value in terms of the gb/minutes received.

I am definitely not loyal to Telkom considering the years of bad service (i had to change my bank account with them recently - what a challenge!) - but I'm not seeing any options that give >500 minutes and a reasonable amount of date... unless I pay signifcantly more than the R499 i was paying.

Am I missing some obvious alternative? I do have a dual sim phone, so maybe I should be looking at a minutes sim (maybe even prepaid?) and a data sim from e.g. Rain?

Any suggestions?

MRK911

You can still keep the FreeMe 20gb at the same cost and allocations will be the same. I have the FreeMe 1gb and the contract ended in June2020 and did not want to upgrade as the "new" FreeMe deals are really bad, still paying R100 and getting the same data and minutes allocations

JustinB

You can still keep the FreeMe 20gb at the same cost and allocations will be the same. I have the FreeMe 1gb and the contract ended in June2020 and did not want to upgrade as the "new" FreeMe deals are really bad, still paying R100 and getting the same data and minutes allocations
Yeah, I think sticking to it is the best option so far....