CaffeinePirate

Hey guys,

About to pull out my hair.
After almost two weeks and using about 400 rand to try sort out this I am just about done.

I had ordered a Sony A7II as well as two lenses from Amazon (supplied by them too) and it was due last week Thursday by DHL express. Tracking showed that it was not moving so I contacted them via chat to make sure it was still coming, and was assured that it was. Come Friday morning where it gets updated to "Returned" after a few phone calls it turns out it never left the states at all and no one (Amazon and DHL) apparently knows why.
They then issued a replacement order on Friday, and it is still sitting there with the same tracking line as the prior one. I have spoken to them again, and yet again they assure me that it will arrive.
I have tried speaking to DHL South africa, and the most help they gave me is that it might have been returned due to Lithium batteries, I would think Amazon would know this though?

Tl DR: has anyone had a camera shipped from Amazon US this prior year?

Last edited:

lived666

Executive Member
Dhl have been having issues this last month. Batteries are not an issue - they ship lithium batteries, within certain limitations, but that shouldn't be the problem. I bring in a lot with DHL, they used to take 2-3 days to deliver and clear, lately they have lost the plot a bit. I don't know if its a change in personnel or IT but something isn't working as well as it used to.

CaffeinePirate

Dhl have been having issues this last month. Batteries are not an issue - they ship lithium batteries, within certain limitations, but that shouldn't be the problem. I bring in a lot with DHL, they used to take 2-3 days to deliver and clear, lately they have lost the plot a bit. I don't know if its a change in personnel or IT but something isn't working as well as it used to.

It's terrible. No one seems to know what is going on.