Ambitious web developer seeking job.

Ridge_N

Hi, my name is Siyabonga(Siya) Ridge Ngcobo.

Due to me falling ill of Rheumatoid Arthritis and having no funds for college, I was forced to drop out of college in my second year in my IT degree and have since been freelancing in web development and design.

In terms of the freelancing, I haven't been getting much of luck online, as it proves to be very competitive in the web development industry online.

I have developed 3 websites, a template, and two other under construction websites for clients in and around my area. I have also been entering contests online, yet never win.

My passion for the internet is extremely big. I have my future planned, and just need experience in web development to see those goals fulfilled.

I have a huge passion in web development and design, as I feel that there is nothing more satisfying than standing back after completing a website and admiring the beauty in a properly developed website.

I am an ambitious developer and are extremely dedicated to developing, and IT. I have a sound knowledge in the following web languages:
  • HTML & HTML5
  • CSS & CSS3
  • jQuery
  • Bootstrap(huge fan :))//Sorry, not a language, I meant framework here.
  • Some Javascript

I am also currently teaching myself cool new languages daily, like PHP, etc.

To see what I've been up to, please check out my portfolio website here:
View my portfolio

Thanks for taking your time in reading this thread. Really hoping to hear from you recruiters.

Last edited:

Chevron

Serial breaker of phones
Just put your cv up on Pnet and Careers24. People will start calling you.

ghostR

Executive Member
You definitely have a lot of potential. As chevron said, put your CV up on career sites and i'm sure you'll get some positive results :)

Sysem

Expert Member
Can't help, but good luck! Maybe just some advice. Perhaps don't put your recent drop out on your portfolio site. It may scare some (most?) people off initially.

All the best!

ghostR

Executive Member
Can't help, but good luck! Maybe just some advice. Perhaps don't put your recent drop out on your portfolio site. It may scare some (most?) people off initially.

All the best!

I too thought that when I started reading.

Perhaps change the wording to - Due to my Rheumatoid Arthritis I have had to leave college due to financial difficulties.

Sounds better than dropped out per say.

Sysem

Expert Member
I too thought that when I started reading.

Perhaps change the wording to - Due to my Rheumatoid Arthritis I have had to leave college due to financial difficulties.

Sounds better than dropped out per say.

I'm more inclined to leave it out entirely. It serves no purpose to attract a potential client.

Pixelbender

Hi, my name is Siyabonga(Siya) Ridge Ngcobo.

I recently dropped out of college last year in my second year in my IT degree because I fell ill of Rheumatoid Arthritis and had no more funds to continue my college, and have since been freelancing in web development and design.

In terms of the freelancing, I haven't been getting much of luck online, as it proves to be very competitive in the web development industry online.

I have developed 3 websites, a template, and two other under construction websites for clients in and around my area. I have also been entering contests online, yet never win.

My passion for the internet is extremely big. I have my future planned, and just need experience in web development to see those goals fulfilled.

I have a huge passion in web development and design, as I feel that there is nothing more satisfying than standing back after completing a website and admiring the beauty in a properly developed website.

I am an ambitious developer and are extremely dedicated to developing, and IT. I have a sound knowledge in the following web languages:
  • HTML & HTML5
  • CSS & CSS3
  • jQuery
  • Bootstrap(huge fan :))//Sorry, not a language, I meant framework here.
  • Some Javascript

To see what I've been up to, please check out my portfolio website here:
View my portfolio

Thanks for taking your time in reading this thread. Really hoping to hear from you recruiters.

Area Weenen? We're in Gauteng. Hows your Wordpress skills? Converting TravelGo to Wordpress, using Bootstrap Framework.

Ridge_N

Area Weenen? We're in Gauteng. Hows your Wordpress skills? Converting TravelGo to Wordpress, using Bootstrap Framework.

I don't have wordpress skills, yet it's nothing that I can't learn. In terms of distance, I lived in gauteng for a year, so won't be too much of a biggie.

Last edited:

Solitude

Executive Member
I like his honesty. He sounds proud of his work and someone who is willing to learn and work hard.

Good luck Ridge_N. May you find a great job.

gregmcc

Honorary Master
Good luck. Hope your find something soon. I'm sure there will be a helpful mybb'er who will help you out.

nic777

Expert Member
Great stuff, you seemed skilled and sound ambitious. Good luck!

As you can see from above, perhaps abandon pure PHP for now and get onto the content management systes asap and then if they need a feature, you dive into the PHP which I am sure won't be a problem for you.

I agree with the above of applying to online jobs as you will succeed well in them.

Ridge_N

Great stuff, you seemed skilled and sound ambitious. Good luck!

As you can see from above, perhaps abandon pure PHP for now and get onto the content management systes asap and then if they need a feature, you dive into the PHP which I am sure won't be a problem for you.

I agree with the above of applying to online jobs as you will succeed well in them.

Thanks for the advice bud. Been always wandering if I should really get into php at the moment, and you just hit the point home for me.

Thanks a lot.

T3ro

You definitely seem to have ambition, skill and passion for web development so as mentioned earlier, put your CV on pnet and careerjunction or contact a recruitment agency.

Just a quick thing, the links on your portfolio page don't seem to be working correctly and also focus on advertising your strengths on your "about me" page.

All the best