Analyst's "Cell C will be dead" prediction is dead wrong

Ecco

Executive Member
Theron was asked for comment about his incorrect prediction that Cell C will be dead within six months, but he did not respond by the time of publication.

Awe man. Wanted to see what he had to say.

rico112

he was right on some predictions :) lol

1)they burnt furniture and thus moved to new offices with new furniture.
2)AKC is not the CEO. Dos Santos is running the place at the moment.
3)perhaps if they didnt get the cash injection , the 3rd prediction could have been correct as well.

d0b33

Honorary Master
Yes, my giga promo data still flying, was not worried.

Tahir Ally

he was right on some predictions :) lol

1)they burnt furniture and thus moved to new offices with new furniture.
2)AKC is not the CEO. Dos Santos is running the place at the moment.
3)perhaps if they didnt get the cash injection , the 3rd prediction could have been correct as well.

LOLS

DXL

Expert Member
Please be mindful MTN & VodaCom have deep pockets and they have in the past attempted to sway opinion in their favour.

Wont be surprised if some bloke pops up telling us MTN is working hard to bring down tariffs:)

Lets wait and see...............

Beri

Expert Member
lol
there was a lot of people that made some silly predictions.
just go look at some of the statements that was made other the years. sustainability comes to mind.... :whistling:

TehStranger

Executive Member
This article is nothing more than a *points finger* "HAHA" at Paul Theron... and I love it. :D

Solitude

Executive Member
Ah these articles that prove predictions wrong are just the best. :D

Fulcrum29

Honorary Master
So Vestact Limited lost some credibility.

Making a statement like this within his CEO stature and related industry:

“Cell C will be dead within 6 months. Listen to me now – they are under such pressure that they basically decimated their own business chasing market share,” said Theron.

Basically he said that it is worthless to invest in Cell C as they will implode under their own pressure.

Tharaxis

The banker's/financial analyst's solution to every problem is "raise prices". They know nothing about the market in which the business functions, nor do they understand any of the technicalities at play.

If you are trying to get insight into how to run your business or improve your business's profitability from a banker or financial analyst exclusively, STOP! They are very likely giving you good advice in general terms and bad advice when specifically applied to your business. Take everything they say as advice ONLY, and realise that that advice is coming from someone who really knows little to nothing about your business.

system32

Executive Member
That's the last time I take advice from Mr Theron.
The honorable thing would be for him to apologize.

Paul Hjul

Honorary Master
I stand by my general prediction when he made his prediction:
http://mybroadband.co.za/vb/showthr...aul-Theron?p=10984075&viewfull=1#post10984075
Anyway my prediction is that if CellC gets a continuance on asymmetric termination rates in 6 months they will still be about as they currently are and maybe a bit stronger if not 6 months down the line the talk will be of CellC being in trouble but its still a long way to "dead".
6 months later and the continuation of asymmetry is a BIG fight

ebendl

Expert Member
Always found it interested that when an article says "...but he did not respond by the time of publication." Does it mean MyBB waits a day / couple of days / a week before they publish it? I understand it is one thing when the news is hot and they interview a number of companies / people that one or two might not respond. But in this case, it is only CellC and Mr. Theron and not really "hot" news so they might have waited a couple more days to see if he came back with a response (which, in light of the "prediction" and the eventual conclusion, could have been interested).

blunt

Expert Member
I think we all knew he was going to be proven wrong when the article was initially published.