Android beats Apple, every time

The_Unnamed

WUD FTW
If the iPad was the same price as some Android tablets then i would not have to think very much about what to get.

boswald

I have an iPhone and Samsung Galaxy Tab and my next phone will be the Samsung Galaxy S 2 without a doubt.

unskinnybob

Expert Member
The Android OS impresses. I have yet to see a Droid phone that I like more, design wise, feel wise, quality finish wise that I'd pick over my 3GS. That said, I'm getting a berry next.

/takes cover

Tpex

Teh Cyber Ninja
Glad we have somebody to keep Ben Kelly in his place :p

zeely

"I also like the fact that there is a drag and drop Android development tool that makes it easy for even non-programmers to create their own applications.While Apple tightly controls what gets into its app store, Android goes out of its way to encourage literally everyone to create applications for their devices."

Which is exactly what makes the app store such a success. Do I really want to be downloading apps created via a drag and drop interface by a non programmer? Wow - I can just imagine the quality apps that will be produced

zeely

"I also like the fact that there is a drag and drop Android development tool that makes it easy for even non-programmers to create their own applications.While Apple tightly controls what gets into its app store, Android goes out of its way to encourage literally everyone to create applications for their devices."

Which is exactly what makes the app store such a success. Do I really want to be downloading apps created via a drag and drop interface by a non programmer? Wow - I can just imagine the quality apps that will be produced

cerebus

Honorary Master
Why does MyBB contain these sorts of non-news overworn opinion pieces by obvious fanboys?

prOd

Expert Member

Uhh, rating system comes to mind.

Argus

for a device that you can bring into a development environment to control specialized equipment from anywhere in a building (e.g. service managers at companies) it is a great idea but i don't think it could beat the ease of use and quality you would get from an IPad

you didn't take into consideration the virus attacks on the android OS as well
we have already heard of android and virus attacks and nothing on apple yet.

so it comes down to same argument as windows and apple. if you want a device that will work and still be working in 2-5 years get an apple. but if you want to get a device that will do anything you want and get attacked by hackers and viruses get an android and fork out an extra R300 a year for anti-virus

i agree that development for apple is too strict

read this about attacks on android http://www.news24.com/SciTech/News/Virus-attacks-Android-phones-20101231

Pixual

Expert Member
Chop.

The very name "Android" implies a half-assed attempt at passing itself off as something else.

Maddmatt

Expert Member
The sad thing is there is no real widely available Android alternative the the iPad that matches the quality and size. The Galaxy Tab looks great, but the small size makes it seem pointless as I already have a Galaxy S phone. And the price is ridiculous.
At least we have some decent stuff on the way. It's amazing how some of the manufacturers have screwed up their Android tablets so bad, like the Viewsonic 10-inch tablet that has a dual core Tegra processor but is still laggy as hell. Toshiba's one too.

so it comes down to same argument as windows and apple. if you want a device that will work and still be working in 2-5 years get an apple. but if you want to get a device that will do anything you want and get attacked by hackers and viruses get an android and fork out an extra R300 a year for anti-virus
Bulls**t. Why does someone post this kind of crap in all of these Apple vs Android type threads?

Avoiding a virus is as easy as taking a bit of care with the apps you download. If you want an anti-virus, Lookout is free and includes location tracking too.
Stick to the app Market and check the reviews, or at least make sure the other source is reputable. Only an idiot can't manage that, so they deserve it.
Jailbroken Apple products are vulnerable too. Possibly more vulnerable as they lack the permission system Android has (maybe I'm wrong about that, is there any security system for jailbroken devices?).

A quality Android device will last just as long as an Apple device, if not longer since you can actually replace the battery and many of them don't break nearly as easily from being dropped.

blokhasie

Dear author of the article,

Your subjective opinions are not newsworthy nor related to journalism in any way. Please direct your rants to Twitter.

Regards

Dryden

This is quite possibly the most fair and balanced article I've read today - this year so far in fact.

I'm looking forward to the next unbiased article that will explain the pros and cons of genocide.

Rouxenator

Dank meme lord
I fully agree - if I had to decide between those two then I would go for Android - no questions about it.
In fact, if I had to chose between anything (bar Symbian) and Android then I would go for Android every time.

Edit : This was a very good article by the way, factual and to the point.