Android Keyboard Lag/Slow Response

R13...

Honorary Master
I use an Acer E350 dual SIM 4.0.3 phone and find the keyboard annoyingly laggy. I google search reveals that this is not limited to my phone saw someone complaining about a 4.1.1 S3 too.

Is there anything that can be done about this annoying keyboard response?

Edit: I come from Apple 3GS which has way less ram than this phone (E350 is 1Gb RAM) but has no such lag.

Chevron

Serial breaker of phones
My Desire HD used to only lag on keyboard when something in the background was using phone resources.

JStrike

Honorary Master
I use an Acer E350 dual SIM 4.0.3 phone and find the keyboard annoyingly laggy. I google search reveals that this is not limited to my phone saw someone complaining about a 4.1.1 S3 too.

Is there anything that can be done about this annoying keyboard response?

Edit: I come from Apple 3GS which has way less ram than this phone (E350 is 1Gb RAM) but has no such lag.

Android's UI thread has latency issues.
Google has tried to address some of the issues in Android 4.2. Try upgrade to that

Park@82

Honorary Master
Last edited:

R13...

Honorary Master
Typing into google search, typing into whatsapp, typing an SMS... You will type and then nothing happens and then the text shows. When you delete the same happens, you backspace and then it stops only to delete the entire line because it had frozen.

Park@82

Honorary Master
Did it do that from the day you got the phone? Does it do that straight after a reboot?

Crowley

Executive Member
Slow response in a specific app or just everywhere?

Might be a good idea to start looking into rooting and freezing unnecessary apps.

In any case try Swiftkey https://play.google.com/store/apps/...pe.swiftkey.phone.trial&feature=search_result it goes on special every now and again, it is an awesome keyboard replacement. It learns as you type and soon starts to predict and suggest what you are about to type next: https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=f9Ukb6Migl0#at=24

Agreed. See if you can root it and freeze apps you don't use then install swiftkey.

R13...

Honorary Master
I think it is bearable at times like the first two words and then it starts to lag