Android Useful Apps

isie

Honorary Master
I want to cycle through photos and video clips (proper clips, not made up sequences of the photos) on an old Android tablet that I'll set up to demo my products at a retailer (unattended). The 'digital photo frame' type apps don't seem to be able to work with video clips. Anyone know of an app I can use for this please?
You could try Ambient mode on google assistant?
you basically set an album in google photos and it scrolls through them while the tablet is charging - so for videos I think you would just include those videos in that album?

AlexFl

You could try Ambient mode on google assistant?
you basically set an album in google photos and it scrolls through them while the tablet is charging - so for videos I think you would just include those videos in that album?

Thanks. Crazy week. Will hopefully try all suggestions over weekend.

Leisure Larry

Been using this for bill reminders for a while. Enjoying it. Syncs with Drive and has all the necessary bells and whistles.
It's free for a few days. Grab it:

CamiKaze

Honorary Master
I found this beautiful file explorer. Finally, one without ads.

Gamer

Expert Member
Can anyone recommend an email app that allows for syncing to be scheduled per account?
For example, I would like my work email to only sync between 07h30 and 17h00 M-F and no syncing outside of those hours.
My personal email can continue to sync any time.

CranialBlaze

Expert Member
Can anyone recommend an email app that allows for syncing to be scheduled per account?
For example, I would like my work email to only sync between 07h30 and 17h00 M-F and no syncing outside of those hours.
Flip when I had an android there was an app for that, you still used your normal email app, it scheduled the device background syncing. So it would disabled the system level auto sync outside of certain hours.

Used it for exactly what you talking about. If i remember what it’s called will let you know.

bratwurst

Expert Member
Aquamail could work for you.
Works per account. There is a free version. Not sure if it includes those settings in the free version though.

Screenshot_20200910-214922.jpg
Screenshot_20200910-215019.jpg

Attachments

CranialBlaze

Expert Member
Think I found it...

cpu.

Expert Member
Think I found it...

Last updated in 2015.

CranialBlaze

Expert Member
Last updated in 2015.
Does not mean it does not work, no longer use android so annoy test myself, but if google has not made any changes in the way apps can control that feature then there would have been no reason to update it.

TheBadMadMan

Flip when I had an android there was an app for that, you still used your normal email app, it scheduled the device background syncing. So it would disabled the system level auto sync outside of certain hours.

Used it for exactly what you talking about. If i remember what it’s called will let you know.
Tasker?

Gamer

Expert Member
Aquamail could work for you.
Works per account. There is a free version. Not sure if it includes those settings in the free version though.
Shot, this looks about right, I'll give it a whirl.

Think I found it...
Thanks, I'll check if it works with my current mail app!

Appreciate the replies all!