Android Useful Apps

airborne

Executive Member
very odd . never had any issue like that
google has its own caller ID not as vast database as truecaller but it works , it's a available on Nokia's if you want to try it just check the call settings for caller ID and spam
Can Googles caller id be installed on any phone?

isie

Honorary Master
Can Googles caller id be installed on any phone?
I'm not sure - i've only seen it on The Pixel and the Nokias we have.
but it's on Vanilla Android so could possibly be there for other Manufacturers to use.

backstreetboy

Honorary Master
I installed it this morning, this afternoon tried to make calls, phone would not make calls. restart and then power down /up. no joy. Then uninstall truecaller, phone good again. [nokia 7 plus].
Have you set it as the default app?

drkev

Anyone know of an App that can make use of the FM tuner (to stream without using data) ? Everywhere lists the only app as NextRadio however this isnt available in RSA ( i downloaded the apk and it still does not work).

Any suggestions?

Smokey888

Anyone know of an App that can make use of the FM tuner (to stream without using data) ? Everywhere lists the only app as NextRadio however this isnt available in RSA ( i downloaded the apk and it still does not work).

Any suggestions?
only way to listen radio without using data is to connect earphones for an anntena...

upup

Executive Member
Uno calculator , it is use in windows 10, microsoft gave it to IOS and Android.

Bryn

Doubleplusgood
Uno calculator , it is use in windows 10, microsoft gave it to IOS and Android.
Nah man. The Windows 10 calculator is usable but nothing worth installing on other platforms.

The best mobile calculator is HiPER Calc Pro. Just enable pocket mode and choose a theme you like. Absolutely insane quality calculator.

Pseudonym

Nah man. The Windows 10 calculator is usable but nothing worth installing on other platforms.

The best mobile calculator is HiPER Calc Pro. Just enable pocket mode and choose a theme you like. Absolutely insane quality calculator.
Why are great devs so bad at names?:X3:

konfab

Honorary Master

2019-06-28 14.34.29.jpg

The bundled calculator is fine for most uses. Anything more than that, I open up Termux and fire up python and numpy.

Leisure Larry

What bill reminder apps are you guys using?
I'm looking for one that syncs across devices and also notifies you of bill due dates coming up.
For some odd reason some of these apps don't actually notify you when the bill is due for payment. (meaning that it doesn't push out the notification alert unless the app is opened.)

airborne

Executive Member
What bill reminder apps are you guys using?
I'm looking for one that syncs across devices and also notifies you of bill due dates coming up.
For some odd reason some of these apps don't actually notify you when the bill is due for payment. (meaning that it doesn't push out the notification alert unless the app is opened.)
Use the calendar app, add an event with a notification, that's what I use for those kinds of bill reminders. Easy to add and maintain, you can even make them recurring so you get reminded each week/month or whatever the need is.

Chingha

Expert Member
Just add a future payment in your banking app. One less thing to do instead of a reminder then make the payment.