Anti-Virus Stuff Again - Frisk Software - F-Prot

LazyLion

King of de Jungle
Anti-Virus Stuff Again - Frisk Software - F-Prot

I am seriously thinking about buying this program. But gonna evaluate it first. I just downloaded their trial version for Windows.

1) These are the guys who used to make the very excellent F-Prot for DOS (Pity they don't make it anymore). I used that free version to clean plenty of computers!
2) They are based in Iceland... so these are some real hard core dudes :D
3) I hope that I will get less false positives with this than I have been with AVG Free 8.0 and Avast (and all the others).
4) The cost for 15 computers is only USD$70.00 corporate. (the corporate multi-licenses are cheaper than multi-home licenses). That's bargain! R570.00 for the year for 15 computers)

https://secure.f-prot.com/cgi-bin/buy#customer

has anyone else tried this Anti-Virus for Windows?

http://www.f-prot.com/products/corporate_users/win/

HavocXphere

Honorary Master
3) I hope that I will get less false positives with this than I have been with AVG Free 8.0 and Avast (and all the others).
:confused: Have you consider the possibility that they aren't false positives.

I don't recall avast flagging anything which wasn't dangerous in a year or so. AVG does throw loads of false positives though.

And why F-Prot? I don't recall it featuring prominently on any of the AV reviews.

LazyLion

King of de Jungle
:confused: Have you consider the possibility that they aren't false positives.

I don't recall avast flagging anything which wasn't dangerous in a year or so. AVG does throw loads of false positives though.

And why F-Prot? I don't recall it featuring prominently on any of the AV reviews.

Ja, I know for a fact that they are not infected. Same files exist on other computers which were not flagged on transfer. Have scanned with other programs also. I suspect it is heuristics that are picking up the false positives. Always come up with a generic virus name.

Avast had just as many false positives... but funnily enough with completely different files.

LFX

Expert Member
how does being from iceland make them hardcore :confused:

cyberarmy

Expert Member
Frisk people are quite good, haven't used their program before but from what I have seen (wilders security forum), decent product...

MPow3r

From what I've read recently the Iceland economy was one of the worst hit countries as a recipient of the economic fallout. Latest was the Nordic's are all panicky about some big bank that failed to raise the necessary capital from a bond sale.

Quite scary really, at one stage in the world's history, everything there as aplentiful, now its quite a different story...