TribbleZA
Honorary Master
Ironically - Centurion. They do Jhb and Pta too.Which part of the country?
Also I noticed on closing the motor sound has a slight grating noise to it - or roughness. Weird.
South Africa’s biggest forum. Discuss, discover, and connect with thousands of members.
Ironically - Centurion. They do Jhb and Pta too.Which part of the country?
Also I noticed on closing the motor sound has a slight grating noise to it - or roughness. Weird.
Is it worse on super cold days?Ok so an update:
1. Checked origin magnet and it’s fine - the gate registers it in motion and says left side or right side etc
2. Checked battery and it’s 13.2v and when gate is running it dropped to 12.4V
3. Out of testing about 20 open closes it failed once and I noticed as it failed the display on the controller quickly said “Gate Stalled” with an exclamation mark and immediately pulled it back. But then worked fine.
4. I noticed the gate speed is set to Max. I turned it 2 points down to 22 for open and closing and it’s a lot smoother especially when you cross the centurion wireless beams I installed - it doesn’t stop and start with an aggressive abruptness.
Still don’t know what sometimes causes it to open and then bounce back and close a little. But it’s rare too…
I haven't checked that, ill try check it early morning or late evening.Is it worse on super cold days?
Mine will sometimes "wheel spin" where the gear from the motor attaches to the gate's rail but only on cold winter mornings and I can only imagine it's because it shrinks just enough because of the cold.
Cool thanks. Can you DM it to me? I'm in JHB , Sandton area.Ironically - Centurion. They do Jhb and Pta too.
It's quite likely it would, speed vs torque is ultimately what causes spinning.I haven't checked that, ill try check it early morning or late evening.
I'm wondering if slowing it down a bit now might "mask" the spin though lol.