Any idea what's going on here?

Frankc

Right next to Telkom tower - Prepaid Telkom bundle on tablet - 40GB Vodacom bundle on wifi - Get mostly full 3G Vodacom signal and sometimes even some 4G with relative stable and good internet access.

Recently over weekends the Vodacom signal barely reach 1 bar EDGE but sometimes even with 3 bar 3G or HDSPA signal, internet access is hell slow or there is no internet access at all. This also start to happen on weeksdays from time to time.

Strange thing is that, when I have no internet access via Vodacom Wifi and turn it off to use Telkom (Wifi hotspot on tablet) everything connects and show internet connection but there is ALSO no internet at all???

Slow internet can be contributed to overloading or such factors but it can't explain the disappearance or very weak signals and that BOTH vodacom and telkom can show/reach internet connection but have no internet (or at least usuabe) access at all around about the same times is strange.

In fact, I played around this morning and it seems via Telkom I can connect to netwerk24, google, etc but not Hetzner, sites o their network or Facebook etc so there is only access to some networks and some networks are not accessible.

Drifter

Honorary Master
Which area? We have been experiencing very bad Vodacom signal, or none at all for a few weeks now in my area, Arcon Park, Vereeniging. That being said, at work in Braamfontein it's been the same.

Frankc

Randfontein and the people around here complain too. It's also a few weeks and I think since the easter long weekend. Was down almost the whole weekend, fine the week and then started to give problems over weekends and sometimes during the night.