APN Disappeared?

RatX

I should have figured out the following sequence of events sooner, but somehow didn't. I noticed on the ClientZone portal last week that I had about R140 airtime available. Then I got an SMS over the weekend saying my airtime was finished, after not making many calls, and shortly after my mobile data stopped working.

I had a quiet moment this afternoon and was fiddling around with my phone, when I thought to check my APN's. The afrihost APN was gone - no sign it ever existed and the default MTN one was in use. Phone is a Galaxy S7 - I've not loaded any major updates recently. Anybody else encounter this, and maybe know why the APN would disappear? It's no big deal, but a bit of a pest to have my remaining airtime wasted.

AfriGenie

Afrihost
Company Rep
I should have figured out the following sequence of events sooner, but somehow didn't. I noticed on the ClientZone portal last week that I had about R140 airtime available. Then I got an SMS over the weekend saying my airtime was finished, after not making many calls, and shortly after my mobile data stopped working.

I had a quiet moment this afternoon and was fiddling around with my phone, when I thought to check my APN's. The afrihost APN was gone - no sign it ever existed and the default MTN one was in use. Phone is a Galaxy S7 - I've not loaded any major updates recently. Anybody else encounter this, and maybe know why the APN would disappear? It's no big deal, but a bit of a pest to have my remaining airtime wasted.
I've only heard about that happening after the phone has a system or firmware update. That's really strange... Were there any other changes on the phone that you can think of?