johncgalloway

Hey guys

I hope someone can help.

TL;DR is further down below.

I have a Hisense 40" "Smart" (And that "Smart" description should be used conservatively) TV that I bought from Game
a couple of years ago. Right out of the gate it wasn't exactly the Android powered Media Centre I thought it
was going to be, but it handled the HDD via USB connections relatively easy, browsing etc on the TV was a schlepp though, so never used it for that really.

A couple of months later I got an Apple TV (I think it is a 2012 one, you can't install apps on it, apps like Netflix only became available after a software update) , in any event, it works fine, I connect via WiFi (got a cable in the meanwhile, still need to hook it up) and I can cast my Showmax shows from my phone to it. (I have an iPhone m'self)

So the problem is, my cousin also wants to stream from her Android (6S Edge) phone to the TV, but we are having
a hell of a time getting it to work. The A-TV simply won't allow it, like it used to, before the last TvOS update with my
tablet (Old Asus Nexus tablet), we did however get the TV up on the Wifi, and it has something called Anyview cast built into it.

So the other night, we finally got her phone to cast directly to the TV, but there is this kind of "lag" that happens, and
unlike my A-TV and phone that kills the video on the device once it is up on the TV, hers plays on the phone and TV
at the same time, which I am thinking might be one of the issues.

I guess the TL;DR is:

How can I get the 6S Edge to cast to either the TV, the Apple TV. Any app suggestions, workarounds, do I need
to connect the TV and everything up with cabling etc.

Your help or suggestions will be really welcome.

johncgalloway

Thanks, I've seen mention of Doubletwist being the only to be able to this currently, due to Apple introducing a security "code" measure for pairing during some interregnum update. Apparently it is the only app that now employs this method, so I will have a look at that.