Aramex global shopper

All these chinese companies under declare the value, dunno why they do it.

Mate got his phone from geekbuying yesterday and they declared the value at $20, I don't see how you can hold the recipient liable for that and fine them.
 
Once SARS has their claws into you and the SAD500 is issued you cannot appeal. Believe me, I tried.

In 2016 I was fined R1500 + R1297.50 because the seller had included an invoice of $30 USD in a shipment of $185 USD.
I had declared the shipment at $185 USD, so I was actually in the right and totally innocent, but SARS customs did not want to know.
I also had to pay DHL their R900 to bring parcel in.

Lesson learned. Order through a shipper like Aramex Global Shopper. Parcel goes to Origin, not direct to SA. Origin then checks parcel and sends to South Africa. They declare value to SARS customs. If the amount declared and the amount on invoice do not agree that's their fault, not mine.

View attachment 524021

That is rough. Sounds to me like it was DHL's fault as they should have obtained the value from you before submitting through customs. Also unnecessary from SARS since it wasn't planned tax evasion. But we learn from these expensive mistakes.

Clearance procedures seems to be very different from company to company, which could be good or bad. Fedex don't ask questions before they submit parcels for clearance, while DHL and dawn Wing confirm documentation and values before they submit it. However, DHL get's technical and look at the country of manufacture and not country of export when applying duties, where the other two don't.
 
Hi does anyone have a code that works now?

Also, does the FNB promo still apply?
 
Damnit, came here to check about the promo code. That sucks that it doesn't work anymore.
 
AGS customer service needs a serious overhaul. We all know that.
However, when we moan and groan about shipment times, it isn't all their fault.
On 21st May I ordered a seriously needed parcel and had it couriered DHL from Hong Kong.
Last Thursday 24th May the customs officer actually took the parcel off the delivery van here in Cape Town for a spot check.
What was nice was the phoned apologies from both DHL Cape Town and Johannesburg. Unfortunately words don't help when you pay for something express and it's been over a week now!
When it comes to Aramex Global Shopper, I am on AGS Flex , and so far I see a big difference in transit times - as long as there is no customs. A Shanghai parcel out for delivery today was ordered on 23 May.
Bottom line is this. If customs get involved, you're screwed, no matter which courier service you use.
 
So I'm trying to add the Shanghai address on AliExpress, but I'm getting this "Please enter English only" message on the drop downs for city and state.
Sg4nJiN.png
Have any of you managed to use Shanghai with Aliexpress?
 
So I'm trying to add the Shanghai address on AliExpress, but I'm getting this "Please enter English only" message on the drop downs for city and state.
View attachment 524929
Have any of you managed to use Shanghai with Aliexpress?
Yip, search "Shanghai" in this thread.

Edit: Apologies, just saw the Aliexpress now. But maybe the method used in this thread should help?
 
I ordered 2 x Google Home Minis for $63 from Google USA.

Invoice I submitted shows the price as $100 with a $40 discount to $63 (with taxes).

AGS have said my Customs amount payable is R547.50 - can someone confirm if this is in the right ballpark?

If they stuffed up do I have any recourse?
 
I ordered 2 x Google Home Minis for $63 from Google USA.

Invoice I submitted shows the price as $100 with a $40 discount to $63 (with taxes).

AGS have said my Customs amount payable is R547.50 - can someone confirm if this is in the right ballpark?

If they stuffed up do I have any recourse?
I paid 87 usd and it came to 325.16. Discount was 20usd at the time.
 
I paid 87 usd and it came to 325.16. Discount was 20usd at the time.

Yup, the R547 just didn't seem right..

11-05 2 x Coral Google Home Mini from Google Store.
$63.15 incurred duty of R256.01

14-05 2 x Chalk Google Home Mini from Ebay.
$65.99 incurred duty of R292.

I would contact [email protected] and definitely bitch. They have levied duty on the $100.

Thanks . . will email Olivia.
 
Yip, search "Shanghai" in this thread.

Edit: Apologies, just saw the Aliexpress now. But maybe the method used in this thread should help?

No, I think the AE site is broken. Wont allow any Chinese characters in the fields, but some fields are dropdown menus populated by them with Chinese characters. Which they dont allow...:confused::confused::confused:
 
Anybody won a case through eBay where the shipped item was significantly different to what was received?

NY weighed parcel received at 0.75 lbs. Parcel should have contained 8 x Google Chromecast 2 Media Streaming Devices.

Upon receiving the parcel in Cape Town I opened it and found only 3 x Google Chromecast 2, not the 8 x Chromecasts I had ordered.

I immediately opened up an eBay dispute as the amount is $114.50.

EBay now require the following:

“An incident report with your local law enforcement agency (police department).

Here are the details that must be included:

-- Description of the item received
-- Name of the officer filing the report
-- Officer's badge number
-- Station location (city and state)
-- Station phone number”


As this parcel was received in New York, I have asked JHB to ask NY to make out a police statement that the parcel weighed only 0.75lbs.

I have also asked that they further state that the parcel only contained 3 x Chromecast 2 Media Streaming Devices and not 8 as per included invoice.

I hope NY can do this, as I think that any South African police statement will be inadmissible, as (as far as eBay are concerned) the parcel was delivered to New York.
 
If you are feeling frustrated because Aramex Global Shopper has had your parcel for a week, don't feel alone.
DHL has had my parcel for a week as well. :cry:

Moneeba Esau (DHL ZA)
13:07 (1 minute ago)
to me

Good day

Please be advised that customs is currently experiencing a backlog on all pending cases, your case has been escalated for urgent feedback. I will inform you as soon as an update is available on your shipment.

Kind Regards

Moneeba Esau

Backline Advisor

DHL Express
 
Incidentally, I had a parcel sent via PostNL and it's been in customs since May 11th.

Yesterday Cape Mail told me that customs up in Joburg has an 8-week backlog to get through.
 
If you are feeling frustrated because Aramex Global Shopper has had your parcel for a week, don't feel alone.
DHL has had my parcel for a week as well. :cry:

Moneeba Esau (DHL ZA)
13:07 (1 minute ago)
to me

Good day

Please be advised that customs is currently experiencing a backlog on all pending cases, your case has been escalated for urgent feedback. I will inform you as soon as an update is available on your shipment.

Kind Regards

Moneeba Esau

Backline Advisor

DHL Express

At least you get an update from DHL. Over a month now and no update from Aramex
 
Has anyone here claimed against AGS Protect for missing items in a parcel where you paid the seller using PayPal balance?
Usually I download any money received in my PayPal account into my FNB account, but this time I forgot before buying something on eBay, and PayPal took the amount off the PayPal balance.
When I finally received the parcel 5 of the 8 Google Chromecasts inside were missing.
So, I claimed from Aramex and they seemed quite willing to co-operate - until they asked for my SA Bank statement and I said nope, it was PayPal.
Now I don't know what will happen - even though I pay for most Aramex shipments through PayPal.

This, by the way, is a continuation of a dispute I had with eBay. I let that dispute close when Aramex agreed the items in the parcel could have gone missing in NY.
 
Last edited:
Anyone bought successfully from amazon.in using the Mumbai address? Cell phones specifically? Any issues regarding the batteries in the phone?
 
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X