• Yes, DStv Access

Votes: 25 3.8%
  • Yes, DStv EasyView

Votes: 21 3.2%
  • No

Votes: 292 43.9%

• Total voters

snrusa

Been DSTV free going on 3 years. Series - Netflix and other streaming. Sport, basically just F1 - streaming

ISP cash cow

Executive Member
Yes, have DSTV Premium generally only for the sport only and easier to watch Sky news on in the morning and the wife to watch ETV in the morning.

The rest of DSTV is basically a waste on me as I have most of the major streaming channels as well. Netflix US, Hulu, CBS, Showtime, Amazon (and will get Disney + when it comes out).

Have looked at alternatives to get good quality, stable sport on my streaming devices which I can do but the cost is about the same as what I pay for DSTV anyway, so have just left it. besides when I travel out of the country (even to the UK) if I am at a hotel that is not showing my sport I can actually VPN and log onto my DSTV account and watch the football on my phone.

Also decided to keep DSTV because I don't want to put all my entertainment on one thing (fibre) in case the fibre goes down or something happens. At least I still have DSTV then.

stratray

Went from Premium to Compact Plus since I wasn't watching quite a few channels. Now when they drop the History channel I'm going to downgrade down again and try and use a VPN to get the content I want. Nothing like the arrogance of a monopoly?

desperatedan2

Canned it couple of years back. Miss the tennis... but not much else. Was paying R998 (with extra view), but felt it was such a rip off. After I bailed, they called me 10 times plus to get me back on, offering me R600 pm but the damage was done. I told them I felt R300 was a realistic price. A also told them I did not approve of them teaming up with the Guptas

Derek 6

I only use ten channels, sport, news, and a few entertainment channels, but I'm compelled to pay premium. Netflix doesn't have what I want.

LGL

Are you a DStv subscriber? Is yes, what is convincing you to stay with DStv instead of just using streaming services?
Only for the sport but I am exploring other options and if they work out and can be streamed I will cancel

rudyn

I used to be. Pulled out, got Netflix, Showmax, VPN and saved myself at least R700 per month, plus loads of rubbish I paid for and never watched.

Fred Philpott

At the moment I am keeping it mainly for the rugby world cup. The adverts drive me mad especially the fact that DSTV is continually advertising itself. As soon as I find an option that is not inundated with the usual drivel I will be gone.

Graxill

I've been unsubscribed for just short of 8 years now... and I love sports. I could skimp and scrape and afford it but it's a matter of principle for me.