• Yes, DStv EasyView

Votes: 21 3.2%
  • No

Votes: 292 43.9%

• Total voters

Jola

Honorary Master
No, left years ago.

Will go back if they come up with a reasonably priced sport only offering.

Pay per view could also work, depending on price. I don't watch that much sport.

Using Netflix, Showmax (every 3rd month), Amazon Prime at the moment.

Kawaman

Are you a DSTV subscriber? Is yes, what is convincing you to stay with DSTV instead of just using streaming services?
I stopped DSTV because of two things, the monthly premium I used to pay for DSTV, pays for my Fiber through which I stream all the Sports (Including Rugby). Secondly, I watch more content than DSTV will ever offer. Should an Alzheimer Disease sufferer still pay for Premium DSTV, that person would never know he/she is watching repeats.

Seank

It would be more compelling if you could just buy a sport package.

I cancelled it years back because the content was more repeats and for the cost I could get more by paying for netflix, Amazon Prime and upgrading my Fiber speed. It cost a fraction more the actually DSTV Premium price, but because I have to Fiber line anyways, I actually save R700 a month and get all the stuff I need.

ChasI

Are you a DStv subscriber? Is yes, what is convincing you to stay with DStv instead of just using streaming services?
Premium for UK & US news & BBC entertainment channels

thabiso108

Are you a DStv subscriber? Is yes, what is convincing you to stay with DStv instead of just using streaming services?
I have gotten used to the service but would appreciate a decrease in the subscription.

balrog

Sadly I am still a subscriber. Only because the wife watches Kyknet and HGTV. I do not watch DSTV - there are exceptions here and there. I really don't care about any of the sport anymore either - meh. We have been discussing getting rid of it. The repeats, the stupid DTSV adds on DSTV, as well as the content even in local shows is just becoming too trashy... I am stoking the fires of discontent and foresee that I will be free of DSTV within the next 6 months. I can't wait. If it was just up to me, it would have been booted out the door 2 years ago already..

Last edited:

balrog

If you have uncapped internet, you absolutely have no reason to be paying dstv for sports.

How? My wife is still a rugby supporter, so if I can get streaming rugby, will make my case so much better to get rid of it. I have no issue paying for a Fox sports or something like that to get streaming Rugby + Tennis. Thx