Are you marching on Friday?

Are you marching on Friday?

  • Yes

    Votes: 192 37.1%
  • No

    Votes: 325 62.9%

  • Total voters
    517
  • Poll closed .
Dude, it's only a joke if the person you're joking with laughs back. Did Mila make any comments about the lewd comments directed at her? Were you joking WITH the woman in that one photo? Where are the women on here objectifying men - not around. I know "jokes" and that wasn't, so please stop getting so defensive and grow up. This is a thread about the future of this country, the male chauvinists can bugger off.

Yes, go read...

O wait, nvm, it's Foxie
 
Oh lawd, forgive me for I have sinned - I found a woman attractive and made a comment saying she fine. Oh the shame....the horror...
 
Dude, it's only a joke if the person you're joking with laughs back. Did Mila make any comments about the lewd comments directed at her? Were you joking WITH the woman in that one photo? Where are the women on here objectifying men - not around. I know "jokes" and that wasn't, so please stop getting so defensive and grow up. This is a thread about the future of this country, the male chauvinists can bugger off.

sjw.jpg
 
What's the point of the human chain?

Same thing as the march itself, I'd wager, but I've not ruminated enough on the importance of these things enough to be coherent about it.

If only it had been a chain of White, Black, Indian and Coloured all holding hands...

/in reference to copa's white human chain post
/Hmmm... Hands Across South Africa

Well, the march in town was pretty representative, and I have new appreciation for the people of South Africa after attending.

[video=youtube;BSM8htVPjmQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BSM8htVPjmQ&feature=youtu.be[/video]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4zEDJuPVcq8&feature=youtu.be

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S2T5tyGvezY&feature=youtu.be
 
Same thing as the march itself, I'd wager, but I've not ruminated enough on the importance of these things enough to be coherent about it.



Well, the march in town was pretty representative, and I have new appreciation for the people of South Africa after attending.

[video=youtube;BSM8htVPjmQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BSM8htVPjmQ&feature=youtu.be[/video]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4zEDJuPVcq8&feature=youtu.be

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S2T5tyGvezY&feature=youtu.be

Nice 1 Copa!
 
Loved the CT march, glad I went, the people who didn't go because they were too scared have robbed themselves of a great experience.
 
No one's going to laud a person for being an uptight judgy moron. We're all in this crazy game together, and cohesiveness is the only thing that's going to get us out of the mess we are in.
I respect that Copa, but people insulting women on a thread about a political march is something to be challenged. If all men just shut up and let the idiots get on with their perviness, what sort of country is this even going to be? We are all personally responsible for that world: to stop the casual racism, to stop the casual sexism, to stop the casual violence, to stop the casual xenophobia. I'm the furthest thing from perfect myself and people are more than welcome to call me out for my own failings, but they need to be aware of their own too and stop defending that crass behaviour just when it suits their own self-interest (there's a word for that - hypocrites). Now have we all got it out of our system, or do we want to have more intellectual defences of the need for sexual objectification on a politics thread?
 
I respect that Copa, but people insulting women on a thread about a political march is something to be challenged. If all men just shut up and let the idiots get on with their perviness, what sort of country is this even going to be? We are all personally responsible for that world: to stop the casual racism, to stop the casual sexism, to stop the casual violence, to stop the casual xenophobia. I'm the furthest thing from perfect myself and people are more than welcome to call me out for my own failings, but they need to be aware of their own too and stop defending that crass behaviour just when it suits their own self-interest (there's a word for that - hypocrites). Now have we all got it out of our system, or do we want to have more intellectual defences of the need for sexual objectification on a politics thread?

This isnt a thread for your personal soapbox.
 
I respect that Copa, but people insulting women on a thread about a political march is something to be challenged. If all men just shut up and let the idiots get on with their perviness, what sort of country is this even going to be? We are all personally responsible for that world: to stop the casual racism, to stop the casual sexism, to stop the casual violence, to stop the casual xenophobia. I'm the furthest thing from perfect myself and people are more than welcome to call me out for my own failings, but they need to be aware of their own too and stop defending that crass behaviour just when it suits their own self-interest (there's a word for that - hypocrites). Now have we all got it out of our system, or do we want to have more intellectual defences of the need for sexual objectification on a politics thread?

And that's just it. You can do as you please and I will do as I please within the confines of the rules on MyBB. It doesn't have to fit well with you so what? There have been a lady on here before who took offence to being called sugar tits, that was her right and we all supported her. You taking offence on behalf of others in my issue. I can't be arsed about your feelings... I'm sure the ladies can speak for themselves. Mila obviously took no offence.
 
I respect that Copa, but people insulting women on a thread about a political march is something to be challenged. If all men just shut up and let the idiots get on with their perviness, what sort of country is this even going to be? We are all personally responsible for that world: to stop the casual racism, to stop the casual sexism, to stop the casual violence, to stop the casual xenophobia. I'm the furthest thing from perfect myself and people are more than welcome to call me out for my own failings, but they need to be aware of their own too and stop defending that crass behaviour just when it suits their own self-interest (there's a word for that - hypocrites). Now have we all got it out of our system, or do we want to have more intellectual defences of the need for sexual objectification on a politics thread?

Do whatever you think is right, I have no issue with your absolute right to do so.

Personally, I think it's a bit crass, but what of it? I'd do what I can to stop someone getting harassed in person but I'm not convinced women are so delicate as to require white knights on the internet to save them just because someone says 'ooh, boobies'.

(that all being said, there were some gorgeous woman [and dashing men] out doing their bit today) :)
 
Very glad we participated in the Jhb march to Mary Fitzgerald, all those people made for an amazing experience
 
On Facebook?

Just read that ridiculous ***** myself. Mind blowing how dumb some of them on there is.

No. Standing about 3 people outwards towards parliament side. Talked to the girl after, quite a vocal person and most seem to like her.
 
Foxy is just bitter they weren't photographed with lens flare and an orange filter
 
From FB

ANCYL President says to a crowd of cheers that we welcome the junk status because when the economy rises it will be in the hands of the majority. The junk status only affects white people with money. Black people have no money so the junk status does not bother us.....
:crylaugh:
 
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X