Axpert invertors

Draganchor

OK So I have a Axpert 5kva (4k watt) arriving in 3 weeks. (Retron @ +/- ZAR 8,3k)

I thought I would start a thread on this particular inverter as it seems a very cost effective solution for the average household. Same manufacturer as Infinisolar, please see http://www.voltronicpower.com/oCart2/index.php?route=product/product&path=24&product_id=132

I have calculated that my usage (excluding geyser, pool pump, which will not be on the inverter) will be about 3.5kwh at max, or perhaps 25-28kw per day. This shall be reduced before the install of the Axpert.

I live in a very high wind area, so I am investigating a domestic wind turbine to supplement a relatively small PV array.

Step one, Axpert inverter, battery bank (I have a contact for batteries, not sure of the type just yet, will update)
Step two, PV, will need an expert to install this as I have a not a clue on this. flat roof in high wind area, so considering 1.8 x times of panels due to concerns on panels flying off...
Step three, finding a decent wind turbine that is small, I guess I wont notice any noise when the SE is humping.

So anyone buying an Axpert inverter, please chime in

Cheers

aquadat0r

Hi,

After lots of research I also came to the conclusion that this inverter would serve me well. Starting of as a pure battery backup solution and in future growing to a solar solution.

@Draganchor, I am very interested in buying one, will you be able to assist? I have seen guys selling these at almost double the price which is crazy.

Thanks

itareanlnotani

Expert Member
My FOB pricing on that5k unit is $687, so it seems a little too cheap to be true.
I'd be interested in finding out if its the correct price and the same unit.

The_Traveller

Expert Member
My FOB pricing on that5k unit is $687, so it seems a little too cheap to be true.
Apparently Axpert inverters are made by Prostar , and I also got a ridiculous price when I inquired about it.

I think the cheap so called Axpert's floating around are copies.

savage

Expert Member
Apparently Axpert inverters are made by Prostar

Made by Voltronic, same guys who also make the InfiniSolar inverters. I've installed quite a few and had nothing but absolute pleasure out of them.

OP's price is rather low for the 5KVA unit though

aquadat0r

Made by Voltronic, same guys who also make the InfiniSolar inverters. I've installed quite a few and had nothing but absolute pleasure out of them.

Perhaps excluding VAT. Does anyone know about someone that has one in stock? if so, please PM me.

Vitamin_Sea

Hi All,
Installed my 5KVa Axpert last wednesday, with 4 x 260ah AGM Gel's from SineTech (at 66kg a pop and R4,500ea it aint a toy). spent 30k so far, which includes the cables. Herewith my story, if you do not like stories, skip this post and learn on your own... :)

One word of caution. the RJ45 comms jack needs a Serial adapter on your PC to monitor it effectively. I only use laptops everywhere in the house and the Serial to USB converter from makes the PC randomly freeze dead, tested on all four machines, sometimes 4 hrs without the freeze, other times 12 hours without the freeze... mildly annoying. I like stats!

My current average daily consumption is in the region of 7,5 KwH. will use 2 x 3 x 300 Wp to go off grid, and my 6pm to 6 am consumption is in the region of 1.8Kwh. I expect it will go up to 10kwH as my aquaponics pump is quite a beast.

A little tip! 40-50% of my power consumption is now by use of the deep freeze and the 2 door fridge. Im eating my way to the bottom of the deep freeze as it uses 110w for 21 hrs per day ( last years hunting trip, this year buying ANC-induced solar so no hunt :( ..)The double fridge whacks 142w for 20 hours per day.... I needed to bring this down to be in the safe zone before going off grid (DOD on the omnipower batteries...) SO i set a timer switch to 6am thru 6 pm on, and then 2 hrs off one on, and set the temp down 2 notches. this alone brought done my consumption to 7.5 kwh p d, from 11. Added bonus was that i sleep even better in the pure silence.

sizing the batteries = 260AH *48v = 12,500wh, at 20% DOD that is 2,5Kwh, which is even enough with my current 2 fridges setup.

In conclusion, the Axpert is a FINE machine. Dead silent, sounds like an external HDD, extremely configurable, and great value for money. Standby power consumption is 47w, i cant get it lower than that, tried everything. And yes, im the only person who is not currently experiencing loadshedding, This is right now being typed from stored energy in the batteries - my estate is dark and my life is going on without a hitch or missed beat. Pure Bliss!

aquadat0r

@Vitamin_Sea, thanks. Exactly what I am after. Thinking of going lead-crystal batteries perhaps.

I'm trying to find stock of the 5KVA without any luck. Any assistance would be appreciated.

The_Traveller

Expert Member

Where are you based savage ?

newviper

Hi Vitamin_Sea

Can you please upload some images of your installation and maybe how you wired it up to your house.
Really considering this unit also.
Thanks for all the feedback all

Draganchor

yep, pricing was 3 weeks ago, they sold out in 1 day, my order should be available in 3 weeks. (this was another 1200 units)
From the feedback last week this new order is basically sold out.
I would expect a price increase for the next shipment.
Please see PM.

K

savage

Expert Member
yep, pricing was 3 weeks ago, they sold out in 1 day, my order should be available in 3 weeks. (this was another 1200 units)
From the feedback last week this new order is basically sold out.
I would expect a price increase for the next shipment.
Please see PM.

K

You should order more, not increase the price :D

Draganchor

That is what I have been quoted from Rectron, a colleague of mine has an account with them and was ordered through him.
Anyone with an account with Rectron can advise as to their latest pricing, pretty sure it has gone up.

http://mybroadband.co.za/vb/showthread.php/671856-Solar-Panels-at-the-best-prices/page5

I have a quote for 100 units of Rensola 300W panels, Cpt prices. I need another 70 units from MBB members to be taken before I can fill this order. Anyone interested let me know. The ZAR 2.4k per unit includes VAT to my limited calculations.

Savage, can you help me with installation and COC?
would be fantastic if another Foromite could do this, I believe getting the HW is easy, but finding a professional to install all this HW is going to be a nightmare.

Edit: in University Estate, upper Woodstock.

Last edited:

Draganchor

My Order is personal, just wanted to give a heads up to the rest of the great people on these boards that help educate me;)
Bloody should have registered for a dealer license for these units...
but I do have a new vehicle accessory coming in soon, "Protect-Save-Style"

Guys, hop in now, I fear the pricing is going to exponentially jump with some semi smart of us individuals making future proof plans.;)