Axxess DSL connection problem.

Threepwood

I usually use Route Sentry so I have these pppoe connections set up for RS with my accounts.

Sometimes I use the same pppoe connections to dial straight without rs. It alwas has worked.

Tried to use my Axxess prepaid 1gb like this just now and I get the error:

"...691: Access was denied because the username and/or password was invalid on the domain."

I logged into my CP, and everything seems okay, I don't see lost bandwidth, my password hasn't been changed by someone else (it's still the same). I changed the pass all the same and changed the pass of the pppoe but the same thing still happens.

It was working yesterday fine, the same account is in use in my router, and it's working fine there, Axxess does allow multiple connections so it can't be that.

So any ideas? Guess I will try phone them or something, but I don't see why it should suddenly go funny like this anyway.

Tried stopping the connection from the Router, then my pppoe worked. But I thought we were allowed multiple connections from Axxess and I have always had no problems before.

I think maybe there are just issues ATM, it's like 3 am so maybe they are doing some off peak maintenance or something that is effecting this, I couldn't access the engen control panel site for a while at all as well.

Last edited:

.Froot.

Executive Member
I also get this problem if I try Route Sentry... but only now and then. It doesn't always happen. Maybe there's a bug in RS?

Threepwood

Not an RS bug, I'm dialling the pppoe without RS.

My other axxess local only seems okay, but then I'm not trying it while it's also running in my router.

Problem still happening now.

Tried creating a pppoe on another pc, cannot dial two at once, so for some reason my account is not allowed more than one connection, don't know why unless it's just a problem with their set up.

Worked two nights ago no problem.

How long have you guys had it happening?

Just tried phoning the "24/7" support line, but it just rings and rings. I know it's a Sunday but they say 24/7 and to me that means weekends and public holidays etc too. I'll try again later.

Isolated the source of the problem, I got through on their support line. The guy told me that the prepaid vouchers only allow 1 connection, and the reason I've been able to get multiple connections before is due to a Telkom fault.

So I'll go ahead and make a "normal" prepaid account, and top it up with vouchers in the future I guess. Was going to do that anyway really.

Last edited:

assasin20xe

I logged onto my CP now, changed the password and now everything's working again.... Try that maybe it will work for you to.

Threepwood

I did change the password, one of the first things I tried. It's been a while though maybe it will work again.

assasin20xe

make sure to re-type your password when you dial it otherwise it wont work for some strange reason.