Axxess uncapped 1024 international almost dead

diephoenix08

I am getting 12kbs on speedtest to London and New York.

anybody else have the same problem?

Sandman30s

me too - where are u? something's completed stuffed now, wow disconnects and download speed astraweb is 3k :( this happened last week around this time too :( struggling with any number of problems the last six months... line problems and now this, it's just ridiculous, and all the broadband bills keep coming on time.

Last edited:

diephoenix08

Pretoria

Mailed support and said i have 1 star rating

Hi there

i see that your account is sitting on a 1 star ratting and this would affect your speed till there are less higher accounts on the network. when there are less higher account on the network then your account will speed up. J

From beginning of January the line is up and down, downloaded last night joomla and mysql, and the speed was up and down, from 7 upto 46. Defintly something wrong on the IS network. Think they have way too many users, and are battling to balance their network.

Chris_H

Expert Member
I'm on the Axxess-IS 4mbps uncapped service and got throttled last week for about 50gb of bandwidth used so far this month. It's really ridicules. Yesterday the shaping seemed to have been lifted and I needed to download SQL Server 2008 Express and the Management Studio for 2008 this morning and it was flying at 400kbps. I went to my client and returned about 5 hours later and was back on slow 20kbps speeds. I rebooted my router a few times and eventually got 200kbps download on some windows updates for another client but my latency to international servers was/is about 500ms and I am now unable to watch a simple 240p youtube vid. Needless to say we are looking at another ISP.

3uph0ria

I.E.

Just for all of your people's information 0.12Mbps is 120kbps and the reason you have such a low speed is because your account has been throttled due to the high usage of data being processed and Axxess has to stop the congestion so they slow down the speed of your connection until it has attained a balanced data download and the congestion is up and running again.....

If you want something with a constant speed get Capped where your speed will never fluctuate although you will be capped.....

Another thing is please read terms of use on a page before you just start complaining!!!

But like I said the main thing I wanbted to clear up was to the start of this post who comes with 12kbps when it is 120kbps.... Go to computer classes dude...... 0.12Mbps is 120kbps...

Ciao

3uph0ria

Or you are looking at the speed of where your download was processed like a torrent and not the actual speed.... Speeds may vary form the website where you download the data.... For actual speeds check www.speedtest.net

3uph0ria

Just for all of your people's information 0.12Mbps is 120kbps and the reason you have such a low speed is because your account has been throttled due to the high usage of data being processed and Axxess has to stop the congestion so they slow down the speed of your connection until it has attained a balanced data download and the congestion is up and running again.....

If you want something with a constant speed get Capped where your speed will never fluctuate although you will be capped.....

Another thing is please read terms of use on a page before you just start complaining!!!

But like I said the main thing I wanbted to clear up was to the start of this post who comes with 12kbps when it is 120kbps.... Go to computer classes dude...... 0.12Mbps is 120kbps...

Ciao

Quentin360 SA

Ciao

I was about to point that out.

I think he was probably talking about a transfer rate of 12Kbps.

Thanks.