• You are losing out on amazing benefits because you are not a member. Join for free. Register now.
  • Latest One-Day Giveaway - Win a Google Home Mini Smart Speaker and a Mystery Gadget. Enter Here.

Bad Driving thread

bheinche

Expert Member
Strange as it may sound, taxis usually give way to bikes. I think the amount of mirrors they lose driving like c*nts causes them issues so they rather make way for bikes and avoid the trouble. In my experience that is mostly the case at least.
And apparently it is very difficult to find replacement mirrors for their taxis, so it kind of makes sense that they'd give way to bikers

rph72

Executive Member
Here we have the idiot:

Had a taxi driver try push me out of the way this morning coming in to the Cape Town CBD in front of Portside. Will check my dashcam footage tonight to see if there is anything worth uploading.

What do you guys normally do? Give way to these a holes?

Rouxenator

Dank meme lord
CL 73929 mistakes a green turn left signal - from the wrong lane - goes straight and has mild contact with a beat up old Isuzu at the R44/Helshoogte traffic lights then speeds off.

CL 73929.jpg

She can be glad that old KB did not bother at all. People like this on the roads boils my blood.

Edit : Pretty sure that hole on the right of the rear bumper was from the contact she had.

Last edited:

Cr419

Executive Member
You see why I said the other time that that intersection needs a traffic camera, a land rover freelander also went over the curb there yesterday afternoon. People ignore those red lights.

Rouxenator

Dank meme lord
Had to stop and take a picture of this, someone in their 4x4 thought they could do a single track built for bicycles. Seems they had to make an offer to the runner board gods in order to get home after bailing.

IMG_20180901_130000.jpg
I posted this in the conservancy trail thread and the trail maintenance dude replied : "Lol, should have seen the mess before we cleaned up!"
So I guess that was some pretty bad driving ;)

Johnatan56

Honorary Master
Here we have the idiot:

Also the other taxi going right over red, lol.
As an aside, that intersection is terrible though on right-turn for people who drive there the first time/have longer cars.
2nd lane from the right for right-turn, the angle of the turn is quite sharp right at the end, so nearly everyone cuts into the the people turning right in the right-most lane, especially as quite often there are trucks cutting in your lane from the left-most (even the Google Maps image shows it). I'm used to doing red-line now if I'm in the right-most lane, cutting into the right-turn lane:
1535891677755.png

genetic

Honorary Master
Also the other taxi going right over red, lol.
As an aside, that intersection is terrible though on right-turn for people who drive there the first time/have longer cars.
2nd lane from the right for right-turn, the angle of the turn is quite sharp right at the end, so nearly everyone cuts into the the people turning right in the right-most lane, especially as quite often there are trucks cutting in your lane from the left-most (even the Google Maps image shows it). I'm used to doing red-line now if I'm in the right-most lane, cutting into the right-turn lane:
Trucks don't have the luxury of perfectly selecting a lane that they require. Scale 101.

Ivan Leon

Expert Member
Anyone that can recommend a good value for money dashcam?

For around R 2,499 - look for special offers for a better price (I got mine at Makro for R 2,199) - you can get a Garmin DC45 dashcam.

It is very small & unobtrusive, has 1080p recording, forward collision & lane deviation alerts, safety camera alerts, photo capability, wi-fi connectivity and a Travelapse feature - it also has an optional wiring harness (R 700 - which I had installed) that can be hard-wired to your car electrical system, that allows for impact / movement recording when parked as well.

I have had one since December last year and very happy with it so far.

http://www.garmin.co.za/prod_detail_dash-cam-45.php?productid=662

jun_tao

For around R 2,499 - look for special offers for a better price (I got mine at Makro for R 2,199) - you can get a Garmin DC45 dashcam.

It is very small & unobtrusive, has 1080p recording, forward collision & lane deviation alerts, safety camera alerts, photo capability, wi-fi connectivity and a Travelapse feature - it also has an optional wiring harness (R 700 - which I had installed) that can be hard-wired to your car electrical system, that allows for impact / movement recording when parked as well.

Hi,

I've got the 55, works well. Whats this wiring harness you're talking about? The park cable?

Cheers.

Grimspoon

Executive Member

I am also in the market for a dashcam, the 45 looks pretty cool. I see it's R1999 at Makro:

https://www.makro.co.za/electronics-and-gaming/garmin-/br-dashcam-45-black-346112EA

Cr419

Executive Member
This was yesterday afternoon, this **** in the bmw practically drove that car out of the way to push in from the wrong lane.
IMG_20180904_163123[1].jpg

maumau

Honorary Master
Do dash cams still have that horrible cable running from the camera to the dash? Is there a way to hide it?