• You are losing out on amazing benefits because you are not a member. Join for free. Register now.
  • Latest One-Day Giveaway - Win a Google Home Mini Smart Speaker and a Mystery Gadget. Enter Here.

Bad Driving thread

ubercal

Expert Member
So are we all going for this one? Can't make up my mind :)
Look at the mini 0806 dashcams.Better value for money.Off the top of my head it has better specs then the Garmin which is more expensive.Ive had the mini 0806 dashcam for +- 3/4 years.Its small and discreet so you can leave it permantely mounted.No need to remove and hide it when going shopping etc.

maumau

Honorary Master
Look at the mini 0806 dashcams.Better value for money.Off the top of my head it has better specs then the Garmin which is more expensive.Ive had the mini 0806 dashcam for +- 3/4 years.Its small and discreet so you can leave it permantely mounted.No need to remove and hide it when going shopping etc.

Thanks for this.

Ivan Leon

Expert Member
Do dash cams still have that horrible cable running from the camera to the dash? Is there a way to hide it?
See my earlier post - #2,697 above.

If you get the park cable for the Garmin DC45, 55 or 65 series dashcams, then NO, you DON'T see it - the cable is hard-wired into your car's ACC 'accessory' circuit (for Parking Mode when the ignition is off) and the dashcam power cable is then routed behind the A-pillar trim & roof headlining, so all that is visible is about 5 cms or so of the power connector cable & mini-USB coupling behind your rear view mirror, which makes it completely unobtrusive and almost invisible.

Cr419

Executive Member
Crappy pic, but I had to stand there, first the arrow went green, couldn't move because of this cunts standing in the intersection, then the light went green, still couldn't move. By the time this idiots cleared the intersection the light was red again.

And this happens almost every morning. All the vehicles in there were bakkies besides one taxi.. ..
IMG_20180910_064343.jpg

PhireSide

Executive Member
Going up the Cotswold offramp from Kabega side the general populace are quite smart and they make two lanes on the offramp - one going left to Cotswold Ext, another going right into Newton Park.

The right-hand queue is normally backed up quite a bit while the left is generally empty. You get some people who go down the left-hand queue and then make a u-turn in Disa Ave to get into the road to jump the queue which is probably not helping the traffic situation but they are few and far in between.

What gets my goat is the plonkers who slowly cruise down the left-hand queue waiting for the traffic to move so that they can butt in and jump into the right-hand queue. I normally keep quite a close distance to the car in front of me for this very reason, but others sometimes sit on their phones or otherwise don't pay attention to their driving and then the plonkers get the jump on them, exasperating the problem.

It drives me nuts that people can feel so entitled to think that they are beyond waiting in a queue like the other 90% of the road users out there. One day I am going to leave a bigger gap and when someone decides to chance it, they will either get a Hyundai bumper up their arse (not on purpose of course - but I cannot guarantee that I can keep a following distance of 2 - 3 meters if it suddenly gets reduced to 1 meter or less by said plonker) or have me get out the car and go tap on their window in an attempt to educate them.

flarkit

Executive Member
What gets my goat is the plonkers who slowly cruise down the left-hand queue waiting for the traffic to move so that they can butt in and jump into the right-hand queue. I normally keep quite a close distance to the car in front of me for this very reason, but others sometimes sit on their phones or otherwise don't pay attention to their driving and then the plonkers get the jump on them, exasperating the problem.
This is a problem in our area as well, but to the extent that the selfish nutjobs drive down the oncoming, right-hand side of a single-lane road. Our RA and the local councillor eventually convinced the authorities to step in and hand out fines, which helps for a while.

Cr419

Executive Member
So after already having a monumentally messed up Monday my wife calls me to say some tailgating **** just drive into her on the N2 in Somerset West. Got there and it seems as if he hit the right rear tyre, bending it in slightly. Car throws all sorts of errors. Will have to have it towed in tomorrow. What a bloody ball ache.

This also happened after we discussed replaceing my car with a bakkie and I said no, as this has been by far the most reliable car I've ever had, lightest on fuel as well. Don't really want another car. Eish. And now I'm sitting inside by myself miserable with flu as well.

gamer16

Expert Member
So after already having a monumentally messed up Monday my wife calls me to say some tailgating **** just drive into her on the N2 in Somerset West. Got there and it seems as if he hit the right rear tyre, bending it in slightly. Car throws all sorts of errors. Will have to have it towed in tomorrow. What a bloody ball ache.

This also happened after we discussed replaceing my car with a bakkie and I said no, as this has been by far the most reliable car I've ever had, lightest on fuel as well. Don't really want another car. Eish. And now I'm sitting inside by myself miserable with flu as well.
Hope the tailgating **** admitted fault.

PhireSide

Executive Member
Bad luck, Cr419. Hope the wife is okay. Cars can be replaced, lives cannot.

This Volvo tried his luck like in the same situation I described yesterday. I wasn't going to let him in, but the Fraud in front of me did. I hooted at him and threw my arms in the air (like I just don't care) and saw him mouth something off at me. Like it's my fault he is driving like an entitled lord

Cr419

Executive Member
She is ok, just very shocked. And a bit stiff but doesn't want to go to the doctor. He hit her at quite a speed it seems.

He gave us his insurance details as well but I will claim from my own insurance and they can claim it back from him, he didn't deny liability on the police form.
IMG_20180911_064813.jpg
IMG_20180911_064757.jpg

Attachments

flarkit

Executive Member
To the Indian lady in the grey VW Polo (reg WLV 826 GP), driving through Randburg at 16h30 today, with her young child in the front passenger seat and neither wearing a safety-belt: I hope you never have to explain why your child hit the windshield head-first. I've seen a child go flying in a vehicle travelling less than 40km/h

thehuman

Expert Member
Going up the Cotswold offramp from Kabega side the general populace are quite smart and they make two lanes on the offramp - one going left to Cotswold Ext, another going right into Newton Park.

The right-hand queue is normally backed up quite a bit while the left is generally empty. You get some people who go down the left-hand queue and then make a u-turn in Disa Ave to get into the road to jump the queue which is probably not helping the traffic situation but they are few and far in between.

It drives me nuts that people can feel so entitled to think that they are beyond waiting in a queue like the other 90% of the road users out there. One day I am going to leave a bigger gap and when someone decides to chance it, they will either get a Hyundai bumper up their arse (not on purpose of course - but I cannot guarantee that I can keep a following distance of 2 - 3 meters if it suddenly gets reduced to 1 meter or less by said plonker) or have me get out the car and go tap on their window in an attempt to educate them.
Sometimes the traffic lady at this intersection give them hell