Bad Driving thread

ToxicBunny

Honorary Master
Am planning on getting a dash cam for my car... just have to find the right one that isn't stupidly expensive.

genetic

Honorary Master
Am planning on getting a dash cam for my car... just have to find the right one that isn't stupidly expensive.
:confused: They're quite cheap!

My dad bought one from RS Components that has two HD cameras in it. One in front and one in the rear so you can see the occupants. It records the trip on Google Maps via its built in GPS which you can view on your PC later. He only paid R900 for it.

http://www.pricecheck.co.za/search/?search=Car+Dashboard+Camera+Cam+Accident+Recorder+DVR+Wide+View+Motion+Detection

carstensdj

Expert Member
I just use my old Nokia Navigator with it sitting in it's.... what is it called??? ... that holder thing that you put it in and it suctions to the window. (hitting a major blank there :wtf: ) and that works as a great alternative :D

carstensdj

Expert Member
:confused: They're quite cheap!

My dad bought one from RS Components that has two HD cameras in it. One in front and one in the rear so you can see the occupants. It records the trip on Google Maps via its built in GPS which you can view on your PC later. He only paid R900 for it.

http://www.pricecheck.co.za/search/?search=Car+Dashboard+Camera+Cam+Accident+Recorder+DVR+Wide+View+Motion+Detection
That sounds like a right bargain that does! what resolution does it record at?

Haldex

Expert Member
I see you've gone full retard again...

And just for the record, I wouldn't have died... but the idiot would probably have died, and written my vehicle off at the same time.
Well you admitted you were slow on the uptake, had you been vigilant and indicated he would have saw you.
Did you even indicate?

Mmmm Double cab driver mentality, at 20km/h and you get hit from the back at 100km/h the whiplash can kill you.

:)

Datura

Captain Faptastic
Staff member
To the lady in the green citi golf on Gie Road this morning - when you approach a stop sign, you are meant to stop, not roll through at what looked like upwards of 40km/h. This unfortunately happens with roughly 20% of drivers I encounter at that intersection :/
Every stop sign in Gordon's Bay is treated like this. Very scary...

ToxicBunny

Honorary Master
Well you admitted you were slow on the uptake, had you been vigilant and indicated he would have saw you.
Did you even indicate?

Mmmm Double cab driver mentality, at 20km/h and you get hit from the back at 100km/h the whiplash can kill you.

Again with the full retard...

SINGLE lane flyover.. I don't have to indicate for shyte, I had pulled over to one side of the flyover to give the police convoy space to pass, and was moving back into the middle of the lane that I occupied....

carstensdj

Expert Member
Again with the full retard...

SINGLE lane flyover.. I don't have to indicate for shyte, I had pulled over to one side of the flyover to give the police convoy space to pass, and was moving back into the middle of the lane that I occupied....
Honestly... Just ignore him... He does this in EVERY thread he occupies :erm:

ToxicBunny

Honorary Master
Honestly... Just ignore him... He does this in EVERY thread he occupies :erm:
I know... but i'm still having fun with the responses.. when he gets beyond the stupidly ridiculous he's been so far, then I'll ignore him.

supersunbird

Honorary Master
Did you even indicate?

Jip, you just went full retard. He had been vigilant (which is why he saw the dark car in the night) and he probably did indicate, the guy driving with his light off at night is the issue.

Haldex

Expert Member
Jip, you just went full retard. He had been vigilant (which is why he saw the dark car in the night) and he probably did indicate, the guy driving with his light off at night is the issue.
He only saw him drive past.
Besides if you going to change lanes then dont dawdle and take your time.
5 seconds to change lanes, geezlikeit

ToxicBunny

Honorary Master
The Full Retard is strong with you it seems...

Did you miss BOTH references to it being a single lane flyover?

supersunbird

Honorary Master
Here's a picture so you can understand geezlikeit:

Toxic.jpg

Single lane road, capiche?

Last edited:

Crowley

Executive Member
To all JHB drivers. Just because you used your indicators doesn't mean the space next to you is not occupied by another vehicle. Open you bloody eyes and look before you start changing lanes.

ot/
My prediction for Haldex's next post...
Haldex said:
Why are the police the same blue as used on the Israeli flag? Are you saying the Israeli's have right of way now?

spiderz

Honorary Master
And also I've noticed that it's people with big cars (SUV's etc) or fast cars who'll sit on your a$$ happily sniffing your exhaust fumes and getting all excited about that, then try to squeeze past you, thereby forcing you off the road :mad:
Just touch your brakes to check if their ABS still works :twisted:

Which reminds me, need a solid bull bar at the back of the Landy too... :whistling: