Bandwidth Usage seems higher than usual?

divv

Biena. - it was a PM from "Iburst" the Iburst rep here on myBB.. And apart from what I cut and pasted above all it said was I'd be contacted by someone from sales and they have said the rest mostly over the phone. I sent another email this morning basically saying that the lack of notice about the changes is unacceptable, and worse is that we are now expected to pay up to double to get back to where we were. I'm waiting for a response...

biena

Executive Member
What angers me is that on the invoice this is stated. invoice received on 14 April

Uncapped Anytime - Subs for 01/05 - 31/ 174.56
PRO 10+ Subs for 01/05 - 31/05

Look at the dates, it is for May, if this has fallen away then wtf is it still on the bill.

And more lies, just got through to accounts.

Now the story is that it is not being sold anymore but existing clients may keep it.

Last edited:

divv

Oh really?!? Well I hasn't been sold in years... And I was specifically told its no longer available. So everyone is giving different versions...

Gekco

Expert Member
So in light of all of the above re. Uncapped After Hours/Anytime VAS we still have no official statement or clarity from iBurst.
We have been billed for a service which we are not receiving for in advance for April and May thus far.
There have been numerous requests for an iBurst rep to respond here, but nothing to date.

Thank you Biena and Divv for your enquiries and feedback.

Now could an iBurst rep PLEASE RESPOND here?

divv

So as a further update: I had a call again from the person I had spoken to on Friday. He said the systems people are aware of the issue and are trying to resolve it. I told him what had been said to me by sales, and he said again they are working on it. At that point I had to end the call for work reasons. So really Iburst, as gecko said above, can we have a OFFICIAL response? I do NOT want to change packages but I am sick of this "he said, she said" business as well....

Gekco

Expert Member
I have just sent an e-mail to the iBurst rep (bubblesmegabyte@iburstgroup.co.za) requesting an urgent official reply in this thread.

Gekco

Expert Member
Just sent a PM to the iBurst rep referencing my e-mail and included the e-mail content as well...

Gekco

Expert Member
No replies yet at all from the iBurst rep via PM, e-mail or a post here yet... Grrr

divv

No replies from my contacts either. Double grrr.
Time to re-post on FB it seems...

Gekco

Expert Member
No replies from my contacts either. Double grrr.
Time to re-post on FB it seems...

No replies yet either,
Just posted on their FaceBook page and sent them a FaceBook PM with the details of my e-mail including the reference to this thread.
Sent the iBurst rep here on MyBB another e-mail and PM.

divv

I've just had another call from the person I was dealing with (after chasing them earlier).
They are going to be putting out an official announcement to all staff (and they say to here as well) saying (basically) that the VAS is dead.
I have told them to cancel my contract as of the end of this month. If they can't give us notice, there's no reason why we should have to give them notice.

Gekco

Expert Member
I've just had another call from the person I was dealing with (after chasing them earlier).
They are going to be putting out an official announcement to all staff (and they say to here as well) saying (basically) that the VAS is dead.
I have told them to cancel my contract as of the end of this month. If they can't give us notice, there's no reason why we should have to give them notice.

That is absolutely shocking!!! UNBELIEVABLE !!!

Give your customers ZERO notice, but keep on billing them in advance while providing no service.
Until someone notices and starts making serious enquiries. Then try to announce that it has been cancelled after the fact.

This is an absolute disgrace !!!

Last edited:

Gekco

Expert Member

Despite all of this no official notice has been posted here or on their web site yet.
I have also still not received any replies, despite multiple queries via different channels, from iBurst yet.

The web usage report has a change this morning. It now reflects the data carried over. The figures seem to tally with the total remaining (for "normal" data).

It indicates to me that they have had and still have glitches in their internal software systems.

Data usage is still being deducted from Midnight to Morning. What happens if that reaches zero?

biena

Executive Member
It indicates to me that they have had and still have glitches in their internal software systems.

Data usage is still being deducted from Midnight to Morning. What happens if that reaches zero?
You get the capped page. Happening to me.

Gekco

Expert Member
I think you misunderstood or perhaps I didn't explain myself clearly biena.

I have plenty of "Normal" data left. Usage is still being deducted from my "Midnight to Morning" data, which is now nearly exhausted.
If my "Midnight to Morning" data reaches zero, will data used during those hours then be deducted off my "Normal" data?

I guess I will only find out when that happens, because iBurst seems totally intent on not communicating with us at all...

biena

Executive Member
Yep I misunderstood you, anyones guess what is going to happen.

Gekco

Expert Member
Just got a reply from iBurst on Facebook via PM:

"Hi, we can confirm that we have discontinued the Uncapped Anytime VAS, we are offering clients that had the VAS previously, the option to migrate to our Uncapped Lite subscription which costs R299 per month and is permanently uncapped with a FUP limit of 2GB per day"

I replied that I can't find that package anywhere on their web site. I also mentioned that we are currently using two devices simultaneously off a single account. Their higher priced Uncapped option (5GB FUB) looks attractive, but will only allow 1 concurrently connected device. We need both devices to be active simultaneously off a single account. I asked them if they would allow two devices to be connected concurrently.

Now let's see if I can get an answer on that.

divv

I was prepared to move to the Uncapped Lite (look under "specials") BUT I was told (in no uncertain terms) that it was ONLY available on a 24 month contract and there is NO WAY I will sign a 2 year contract with Iburst after this. So it will be interesting to hear if they will give "leeway" to other people or if it was only me they said no to.

biena

Executive Member
And to think they were calling me each month trying to get a 24 month contract.

B.K

Just got a reply from iBurst on Facebook via PM:

"Hi, we can confirm that we have discontinued the Uncapped Anytime VAS, we are offering clients that had the VAS previously, the option to migrate to our Uncapped Lite subscription which costs R299 per month and is permanently uncapped with a FUP limit of 2GB per day"

I replied that I can't find that package anywhere on their web site. I also mentioned that we are currently using two devices simultaneously off a single account. Their higher priced Uncapped option (5GB FUB) looks attractive, but will only allow 1 concurrently connected device. We need both devices to be active simultaneously off a single account. I asked them if they would allow two devices to be connected concurrently.

Now let's see if I can get an answer on that.

I still dont get how they can call a package that only allows you to use 2GB a day uncapped, its a 60GB account. I am currently on a 40+ account with VAS, which meant I could download 40GB of stuff during the day and unlimited between midnight and 8am. A 2GB a day package comes nowhere near that. I have phoned telkom and I am now waiting for a adsl line, just need to find an ISP that has a package close to what I have now.