Battle over iBurst tower heats up

I'll join that protest for R300...

I can pay my iBurst for a month and a few rounds of beer :)

I STILL DONT UNDERSTAND THE BIG ISSUE.
I WILL LET IBURST ERECT A TOWER IN MY YARD SO THAT WE CAN GET 3G/HSUPA IN OUR TOWN ABERDEEN.

I WILL LET IBURST ERECT A TOWER IN MY YARD SO THAT WE CAN GET 3G/HSUPA IN OUR TOWN ABERDEEN.

of course you might start glowing in the dark..... not sure if that would be a side affect or bonus

DID THE CAPS HELP GET YOUR POINT ACROSS?

I'm pretty sure if you lived in cheap ass house, in a cheap ass area, you wouldn't care less about a huge mast in your garden...

But people who spend a lot on their homes don't want it devaluated by some fugly mast.

No proof that RF has a negative impact on people!

Give iBurts a break!

There's also no proof that it doesn't negatively affect people... but hey, obviously a couple of test cases are needed.

Jip.... people who spend big money on their houses should not have a mast close by to devalue it.....

but.....

Confucius said....... man who spend big money on house must look closely at newspaper advertisement in order to stop erection of ugly tower.....;)

Jip.... people who spend big money on their houses should not have a mast close by to devalue it.....

but.....

Confucius said....... man who spend big money on house must look closely at newspaper advertisement in order to stop erection of ugly tower.....;)
:p
So you read the local news every day to see if they're putting up masts round you?
It's all relative (big money) - who doesn't spend big money on a house? Even a subsidised RDP house is relatively big money for the buyer.

Apathetic Sef Ricans

but.....

Confucius also say -- man who live next to tower get FREE broadband -- and erection :D

MW

but.....

Its the same as the plan to build low cost housing in upmarket suburbs like Constantia - house prices will be affected...

If I buy a place for 1mil, I'd like to sell it for 1mil, preferably more... a fugly tower in my backyard isn't going to help.

Expecting people to read newspapers everyday is also a bit old - they should have a website or something for this sort of thing.

DID THE CAPS HELP GET YOUR POINT ACROSS?

I'm pretty sure if you lived in cheap ass house, in a cheap ass area, you wouldn't care less about a huge mast in your garden...

NO SOME OF US HAVE HUGE GARDENS!

I WILL NEVER SUPPORT YOUR PROTEST BECAUSE IT IS PEOPLE LIKE YOU THAT ARE KEEPING SOUTH AFRICA FROM DEVELOPING AND THEY CAN COME AND PUT A TOWER BY OUR POOL.

I WILL NEVER SUPPORT YOUR PROTEST BECAUSE IT IS PEOPLE LIKE YOU THAT ARE KEEPING SOUTH AFRICA FROM DEVELOPING AND THEY CAN COME AND PUT A TOWER BY OUR POOL.

Oh my god - you are just so full of wisdom.

:p
So you read the local news every day to see if they're putting up masts round you?

Errm.... actually the "advertising" I am talking of gets a spot in your local newspaper AS WELL as being sent by post to the affected parties.
The posting part is not a must, but the newspaper advert is.

Get informed and stay informed..........

"I didn't know" is sooooo old regime........:rolleyes:

just make the tower look like a tree, problem solved.

Errm.... actually the "advertising" I am talking of gets a spot in your local newspaper AS WELL as being sent by post to the affected parties.
The posting part is not a must, but the newspaper advert is.

Get informed and stay informed..........

"I didn't know" is sooooo old regime........:rolleyes:
Are you sure?

As far as I know - and we've had a few of these - they must send notice by registered post to those in the immediate vicinity. The rest can see the newspaper ads on a Friday. In fact, the ads must appear at least twice. You then object and if you're a neighbour, your objection carries more weight. It then goes to a sub-council meeting where you can present your objection to the council committee and the people wanting to build (or make a change).

Back