Bedfordview still without power

Once again for the people who fail to or bother to read the posts. Those were not "3" days sorry I mean "4" days. So yes Africa is unique. Go and Google some more please. In other countries there was a major breakdown, here is was "2" cables that were never maintained due to k@k work that they do. Maybe it is a conspiracy?? :D ROFLMAO

I understand that... My folks live in Bedfordview... so sorry for them. Prob with those kind of cables is they do take ages to fix and lets face it in africa they will take longer, hence the term african time.

What I am trying to point out which you have pointed out is that we live in Africa and we cant really complain about this country. We will NEVER EVER be on the level of USA or Europe. It is something i have come to realise over the past couple of months.

We have two options. We can complain and rant and rave but i have realised it won't make a difference.Yes I have a fatalist attitude, but once i realised this country will never ever reach 1st world status i started thinking on the other side.

At least we have electricity to get annoyed when it doesn't work.

You can NEVER expect an ostrich to fly... and I think the general attitude even mine is always expecting Africa (The Ostrich) to fly. It simply can't.
 
But Hali, why can we not ever hope to be 1st world? Surely we should strive to better ourselves and not just line our pockets? Well I must tell you I feel for those people there. What if some of them have new born babies and need to heat up milk or juice? What about the elderly and sick? It does not fly to just accept it. We pay a lot of money for services and we are entitled to get service.
 
Anyway I thank the man upstairs that I have electricity so Hali and I can argue for a couple of hours. We are very lucky to have running water and electricity that works. It is a shame that that is how we have to live when so much money is being wasted.
 
At least we have electricity to get annoyed when it doesn't work.

@ Halicon - Not to start an arguement or anything, but isn't it that "at least" attitude that puts us where we are?

"At least they only shot her in the leg and not in the face"
"at least they have left the baby alone"

What will happen, where will it end if we "at least" everything all the time.

WE need to make ourselfs heard!

Unfortunalty we can only make it heard through the vote we cast, how else are we going to make a difference?
 
I understand that... My folks live in Bedfordview... so sorry for them. Prob with those kind of cables is they do take ages to fix and lets face it in africa they will take longer, hence the term african time.

What I am trying to point out which you have pointed out is that we live in Africa and we cant really complain about this country. We will NEVER EVER be on the level of USA or Europe. It is something i have come to realise over the past couple of months.

We have two options. We can complain and rant and rave but i have realised it won't make a difference.Yes I have a fatalist attitude, but once i realised this country will never ever reach 1st world status i started thinking on the other side.

At least we have electricity to get annoyed when it doesn't work.

You can NEVER expect an ostrich to fly... and I think the general attitude even mine is always expecting Africa (The Ostrich) to fly. It simply can't.


Its true. The ostrich does not have the correct genes to enable it to fly! :D
 
But Hali, why can we not ever hope to be 1st world? Surely we should strive to better ourselves and not just line our pockets? Well I must tell you I feel for those people there. What if some of them have new born babies and need to heat up milk or juice? What about the elderly and sick? It does not fly to just accept it. We pay a lot of money for services and we are entitled to get service.

With all this power down, it causes more new babies! :D
 
@kippie. I agree, that is why when my mates tell me they are not voting I have an absolute ****.
@Froggy - :D:D

Same here, there excuse? "it won't make a difference"

well, now if we can convince them, we have 5 new voters and 0.00000012% closer. :p
 
But Hali, why can we not ever hope to be 1st world?

It simply can never happen. It is hard fact. The ostrich will NEVER fly. We can hope for it to fly. We can throw it in the air and it still will not fly.

I am not saying lose hope... after all miracles sometimes happen... but fact of the matter is after seeing everything this country has achieved it is sad to realise south africa as a country has done very little for it's citizens.

And the only people we can blame are not the government, but the south african citizens who put them in that seat of power. How do you change the mindset of 10 million voters?

You can't. We need a miracle. We actually need a political party who hold one thing above all things. The well being of our country... and even though there may be parties out there that sincerely want to see our country succeed on a global level... the miracle is getting that party voted over the current party in power.

Ranting on this forum is not going to let that happen and i know ranting about and criticizing the government is a difficult thing not to do. But I can assure you if the populous of just MYADSL had to vote who do you think would win.

The problem is not in this forum. We all know. Some people dont say anything... some people are vocal... and yes some people even disagree and praise our government (we all know who they are).

The problem is out there. Those people who lived in sh1tholes before 1994 and who still live in sh1tholes post 1994. They are where you hope for use becoming a 1st world country resides. When you realise that you realise the ostrich will never fly.
 
Unfortunalty we can only make it heard through the vote we cast, how else are we going to make a difference?

Dude. I so agree. I can not tell you how pissed off i was at how many people did not vote at work during the national elections. I think 3 out of the 20 voted. Many of the people who didnt vote said: How will it make a difference?

Sure we need to be heard... but it aint gonna happen here on this forum. In some form or manner we all shake our heads in unison knowing there is a problem in this country.

I will always vote and i will always fight for the right of a wrong... but we waste energy ranting here. We depress ourselves. We should rather reserve this energy into something bigger and more efficient.

I am not sure what and i am not sure how... but I am sure all this resentment can be funneled into something that will make a difference.
 
I firmly believe that if you don't vote you lose the right to complain; Not your actual constitutional Right to Complain, but the moral right to have others to bother to listen to you.
 
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X