Bedfordview still without power

I say get all of Bedfordview and sue Eskom for billions. They can afford it.

If I lived there, and were a litigation (right word?) lawyer, I would sue.
Would not cost me anything in time or money.
As for the rest, the cost would be hideous.
 
If I lived there, and were a litigation (right word?) lawyer, I would sue.
Would not cost me anything in time or money.
As for the rest, the cost would be hideous.

Well two big companies that can afford it is Murray and Robberts (their head offices is in Bedfordview) and East Gate Mall.

SUE THEM! SUE THEM! :p :D
 
I am feeling very small now. Installed a 5.5 KVa generator at home this weekend. For 9 hours of power it is going to cost me R170 of petrol. But then I can earn money even when power is out.
 
I am feeling very small now. Installed a 5.5 KVa generator at home this weekend. For 9 hours of power it is going to cost me R170 of petrol. But then I can earn money even when power is out.

Are you running that through a UPS as well?
 
Are you running that through a UPS as well?

No it does not warrant it on cost effectiveness at all to have a full UPS for my power requirements. My PC is on UPS and soon my gates. The rest can wait for 10-15 minutes.
Also I am busy acquiring a hybrid gas/electricity hob for cooking purposes. 4 plate gas and 2 plate electrical. Electrical for when slow cooking is applicable and when gas runs out also. One just must anticipate the incompetence of the government at all times.
 
lol - can you imagine? All those generators sitting idle because eishkom is down, and then, to boot, there are petrol shortages.

Going to hook my exercise bike to the generator - give me something to do while I wait for the superglue solvent to arrive.
 
Also I am busy acquiring a hybrid gas/electricity hob for cooking purposes. 4 plate gas and 2 plate electrical. Electrical for when slow cooking is applicable and when gas runs out also. One just must anticipate the incompetence of the government at all times.
We switched to a gas/electric stove - the oven is electric but since stove top cooking is infinitely better with gas we went for 5 gas burners. You can simmer with gas just as well as electric. :)

The gas bottle has the same size fitting that we use for everything else so running out is unlikely.

I do want a bigger generator though :o
 
"The underground cabling and multiple faults on the lines was making the repair work more complex and causing delays."

Nothing to add really unless you have become an electrical engineer overnight.

I am an engineer who took the package when Eskom had the "Big White Out", and now we have the "Big Black Out".

Two main things are impacting on the quality of the electrical supply:
1) Lack of service and maintenance by skilled personnel.
2) Lack of expansion of the generating and distribution capacity.

Major increase in the number of consumers added to a poorly maintained distribution network and you'll have black outs.

These blackouts were unheard of when I last worked for Eskom in 1989.

It's going to take a long time to get sorted, because new power plants take + - 6 years to get online from signing the contract.
 
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X