Best cms to do the job?

Antity

Hi,

I'm looking to find what would be the best cms + modules to host a kind of freeware site like the following http://www.androidfreeware.org/ where users can upload apps, search for apps, detailed list of apps, category etc etc.

I know literally any cms can be used, i mostly want to know what would be the fastest, easiest and most productive route regarding modules, add-ons...

Two main cms I have worked with and know my way around is Joomla and Drupal... but if you know something that would work better please inform me, else just modules to lighten the load will be excellent ;)

Any help appreciated.:)

Thanks
Antity

Last edited:

zadbnguy

Joomla works for me. Are you looking for free modules or are you willing to pay for functionality?

FarligOpptreden

Executive Member
Crikey... ANOTHER "which CMS is best" thread? There's a gazillion of them on the first page of this forum alone!

Antity

Erm... farlig please read the first post then spam ;)

Last edited:

eitai2001

Expert Member
Maybe look at a vBulletin board with the downloads plugin for a download site ... perhaps not the best, but an idea.

James

Expert Member
Crikey... ANOTHER "which CMS is best" thread? There's a gazillion of them on the first page of this forum alone!

Hehe, it is like Groundhog day, I think I will start a new PHP vs .NET thread ;)

Last edited:

eitai2001

Expert Member
myBB is using the vBulletin CMS- whole vBulletin package. It works quite nice in the back-end.

RBD

You sure their news side uses VB CMS ... I don't think so, they've had the same design since before the suite came out, and the VB CMS Package isn't
very powerful. I know for the forum and blogs, etc yes ... but it doesn't make sense for the news side.

realbigdreamer

Had always thought they're using the vBulletin CMS. There is nothing like "powered by" on the website, so no idea. It might even be Drupal...

RBD

eitai2001

Expert Member
You can pay to get the Powered By thing removed ... that's why it's not at the bottom of the forum either ... but if you go to the front page, there is no where to log in ... and the design of it too, just doesn't look like VB CMS ... wish I knew what it was though.

Raithlin

Executive Member
I seem to remember the blogs being run by WordPress at one point. However, the CMS currently used for myBB news is Vivvo - v4.1.