best local VPS solution

techead

Honorary Master
anyone got any suggestions and good experiences to share?

GP Hosting Helper

Company Representative
Company Rep

techead

Honorary Master
Hey @techead.

You can always give us a try?
Windows Cloud Servers: https://www.gphosting.co.za/windows-cloud-hosting
Linux Cloud Servers: https://www.gphosting.co.za/linux-cloud-hosting

This cloud server solution is an unmanaged solution. You control everything on the servers.
We run weekly backups of all servers but you can implement your own backup processes for your data on your own server.

thanks for the message but 50mbps is not really going to be enough for me.

Telasera

Telasera representative
Company Rep
any ideawhat their bandwidth speeds are like and additional charges per TB/month? It's almost 10am and their online chat is not available. 100mbps and 1TB allocation at R500/1TB extra , holy ****

Our bandwidth overage cost is currently R500.00 per TB however we are reviewing these to remain competitive. All VPS's are are connected at 100mbps.

techead

Honorary Master
gosh I can't seem to find a local VPS provider with anything higher than 100mbps :(

Rickster

EVGA Fanatic
I ran a speedtest on one of our dedicated windows servers with afrihost and it was 541meg down and 326meg up.

I still have the screenshot but i see AH no longer offer dedicated servers. @AfriMan can you confirm?

techead

Honorary Master
I logged into my AH cpanel and I see plenty of options but no SSD storage. All hosting providers are either switching to SSD or at least offering SSD. Seems AH not on that train yet...

GP Hosting Helper

Company Representative
Company Rep

Jade @ Absolute Hosting

Absolute Hosting Representative
Company Rep
If you arent in a hurry then let me know, we have some exciting VPS solutions coming soon and will be offering beta accounts to test with

2020-05-26_21-27-48.png

cavedog

Honorary Master
AWS is pretty fast. You get some decent amount of stuff for free for 12 Months the issue is of course the bandwidth which the charge for per gb of outbound traffic.

In terms of speed it's about 1.7Gbps in and 3.9Gbps out.