Best LTE deal?

mjoubert15

envo

Expert Member
MWEB, Web Africa, Afrihost, Axxess *insert LTE provider here* are all reselling RAIN LTE-A

I would stay away from MWEB purely for the fact that you need to "stay for 12 months" for the "free" router. Whereas other providers just gives you the free router without a real hard-and-fast contract type "out" that needs to be adhered to (they come get the router if you stay for less than 3 months I think?)

Having said that, all of the deals for 55GB packages currently offers double data (110gb) and all of them are R549

So no, MWEB isn't the cheapest or have a "good special going on", as literally everyone is offering it at the same price point.

I think it boils down to if you're happy with MWEB customer service if you need it.

mjoubert15

Seems like most of the double data deals were only until end of November.

I see Telkom still has double data, but that is on a 24-month contract

epah

Expert Member
Yes all double data deals ended in November, I am surprised MWEB still offers the double data

envo

Expert Member

end November 2018, it's not 2018 yet

You guys need to read properly.

SlowInternet

Executive Member
end November 2018, it's not 2018 yet

You guys need to read properly.
Double data deals were only available to signup for until end Nov 2017. If you signed up before end Nov 2017 then you get double data until Nov 2018. If you sign up after Nov 2017 you don't get double data except maybe with Mweb.

f2wohf

Honorary Master

The double data promotion seems to be finished but on the app I can still purchase the double data in prepaid.

Tasneemmilnex

Currently looking a syntix. They offer uncapped lte for R599 per month on a 4meg speed? Anyone got any experience with them?

Danieldan5152

Depends on what you want from their service and it's not LTE it is wireless, they install a wireless receiver on your roof/wall that picks up their signal. But like I say what do you want to do with the internet?

Nardeth

Vodacom 40 GB ( R399 ) Plus Telkom LTE 500 GB ( R50 )
Cheap. Plus A cheap Huawei B593 from Gumtree.

cavedog

Honorary Master
Hi all.

What will be a good bundle for online gaming ?
Speed related and amount of data supplied ?
Gaming won't need much data so you preferably looking for the best network. MTN and Vodacom is your answer there. Cellc only if you using LTE-A otherwise no.

For downloading you can't beat Telkom R50 for 500GB night surfer data. Schedule all your downloads during that time and you are sorted.

Telkom is also good for gaming if your tower is not congested then it should be fine. Try and avoid contracts unless you do like the MTN 4GB deal for R89 then you can use that data to game on and use a prepaid Telkom sim to do your downloads. Telkom bundles are also the same price as contract. R249 for 10+10GB

sajunky

Honorary Master
If a contract, maybe you should look at Telkom online-only deals:
R99 p/m on SmartInternet 500MB with Huawei E5573 router. You get:
- standard SmartInternet benefits: 500+500MB p/m all networks data
- extra 5GB p/m Telkom only data
- extra 10GB p/m Telkom only night data
- 100GB all networks anytime data once off, valid for 365 days

Ordered few weeks ago, still waiting for approval. :(

airborne

Executive Member
Vodacom 40 GB ( R399 ) Plus Telkom LTE 500 GB ( R50 )
Cheap. Plus A cheap Huawei B593 from Gumtree.
Can't the Telkom 500gb for R50 only be bolted on an existing contract and it's night surfer only?

Xan

To me it still seems like mweb, Afrihost etc have the best deals. Cheapest Afrihost package is R300 for 25GB. And top ups are R10 per gig.

cavedog

Honorary Master
There are some decent MTN sim only deals too. Couple the MTN deals with a extra Telkom sim for the night surfer data and or top ups if the MTN data is finished you looking at a very decent amount of data a month.