• You are not registered on MyBroadband, which means you miss out on great benefits. To join our community is very easy, and completely free. Register now.
  • New Two-Day Giveaway - Enter Here

Best WIMAX broadband

nerf

Hi Everyone

Ive been with ADSL; it worked great untill telkom came into the picture and screwed everything up:mad: Now I'm looking for alternatives , I'm new to the WIMAX areana , and would like to know what services would you guys recommend.

Im Looking for an unlimited service for the home that must at least have a download speed of 4 mbps.
I guess WiMAX is also a technology that requires LOS like with 802.11

Thanks all :)

ambo

Expert Member
Who were you planning to get your WiMAX service from?

Telkom aren't offering it to new customers anymore. Neotel and Vodacom only provide WiMAX as a business solution (at a business price). I am not aware of anyone else who provides WiMAX (legally that is ;) )

Tns

Executive Member
there is one called easyweb but again cover is an issue, had telkom wimax been trying to cancelled it for few months now, got telkom adsl.

nerf

thanks all :) Im in Centurion, Gauteng and I was thinking of the 5mbps offering from neotel for R2229 pm , do you guys perhaps know if the quality of the 5mbps offering is worth the cost ?

Playoff

I think Screamer still offers WiMax in Centurion, although rumour has it that they are concentrating on the Corproate market now but it might be worthwhile giving them a call.

Gozzy

It's sad that Telkom has moved away from Wimax...I'm one of the lucky ones that got telkom wimax just before they stopped it.. and I'm quite happy...yeah its 512k... and I have mweb uncapped 512k account and I have done up to 140gb in a month before.. at a very constant 60Kb/s, latencies are awesome as well... online gaming is a breeze with local pings constantly hovering around 40-50ms

R240 pm for Telkom Wimax @ 512k (wish they could up it to atleast 1mb tho) :(
R299 pm for M-web.

So yeah I pay about R540 pm and I can do the same as a 512k ADSL line... in fact I hardly notice a difference except adsl's latency is superior to Wimax (15ms or so)

Hope u come right tho..

po10cySA

Hi guys, anyone decent still offering wimax? I cannot get adsl in my complex so this would be ideal. I am in Port Elizabeth