Blocking 15 digit numgers

gideonel

Hi guys, I would appreciate some help if someone out there has the hidden knowledge.
At work I have received a mobile phone which was used previously by another employee who has since left.
The problem is that the employee has registered this number all over the world and back again. I receive up to x10 spam sms's a day. Now the quick solution is installing Truecaller and its sms add pack. This has block some of the sms's however the bulk servers use a 15 digit number and it changes. Is there a way to block 15 digit phone numbers?
Changing the cellnumber or getting a new one is out of the question.
Thanks in advance.

The_Ogre

Honorary Master
Get the previous employee to deregister from all the sites. He did contractually agree not to abuse the device and account, didn't he? Threaten him with a civil suit.

cbrunsdonza

Honorary Master
Unsubscribe from those services as there is a good chance the number is being billed.

gideonel

Not going to work as he left he company quite a while before the phone made it to me. It would seem that is sought be a lot of people at the moment; SARS, SABC, a munincipality in Gauteng, the traffic dept, a lawyers firm to mention a few. Thanks for the feedback though, much appreciated

gideonel

@ Honey badger - Not going to work as he left he company quite a while before the phone made it to me. It would seem that is sought be a lot of people at the moment; SARS, SABC, a munincipality in Gauteng, the traffic dept, a lawyers firm to mention a few. Thanks for the feedback though, much appreciated

gideonel

Unsubscribe from those services as there is a good chance the number is being billed.
Stupid question, but how do I unsubscribe from them? The decofurn sms does not provide a opt out option, the ones that does; I click stop and a month later they are back. I have contacted the eTroll support desk and they refuse to remove me from the database as they say that I am trying to dodge their notifications by making fictitous claims.

cbrunsdonza

Honorary Master
Stupid question, but how do I unsubscribe from them? The decofurn sms does not provide a opt out option, the ones that does; I click stop and a month later they are back. I have contacted the eTroll support desk and they refuse to remove me from the database as they say that I am trying to dodge their notifications by making fictitous claims.
Never a stupid question.

Use the WASP opt out from your network, you might need to google that. Once you have confirmed there are no WASP services on that number, start reporting each SMS message to WASPA as a complaint: https://waspa.org.za/lodge-a-complaint/

It might take a while but it will stop a lot of those SMSs. I once got WASPA to fine a company R10K a decade ago as the company did not unsubscribe me.

While WASPA cannot fine the client, they can fine the WASP (SMS middle man) who owns the longcode being used.