Blood Pressure...

I'm sort of healthy: smoker, drinker, lazy jogger but fairly active all around, BMI 20.9, haven't picked up any health issues so far. So this is should probably be in a 'Things I noticed while drunk' thread, but here goes...
Sitting in front of the pc, I dangled my hand to the floor to give the doggo laying next to me some ear rubs.
Looking down, I was quite surprised at what my hand looked like:
View attachment 1130536

Lifting my hand to a point above my heart immediately changes it:
View attachment 1130538

I've only ever noticed it being like this while there is some sort of physical exertion involved, not just from gravity.
So I spent about 5 minutes raising and lowering my arm watching the blood go back and forth. I entertain myself quite easily.

No ways should you be seeing your tendons like that. You do drugs, by any chance?
 
I sure do, coffee, alcohol and weed being my poisons of choice. Why shouldn't I be able to see my tendons? Been like that since forever

Edit: default wikipedia hand has tendons showing, maybe y'all are just fatter than me?
You have BMI of 20.9 dude. Good chances 99% of myBB members are fatter than you. :ROFL: Do a poll if you want.
 
139/67 today... in the same range for the past few weeks or so. Google Fu says it's "Isolated Systolic Hypertension" when the systolic is high and the diastolic is low and usually found in older people... AND I'M NOT OLD :cautious:.
I just wonder how long it would take health and lifestyle changes to affect one's blood pressure... I've been healthier and probably in the best shape of my life for about a year now and while I don't really know what my readings were a year ago, doctors were never overly concerned about my BP when I've been for check ups.
 
I've walked 245km this year so far... (that I've actively tracked - NOT calculated from step counts). Step counter shows about 1.1m steps @ 830km.
I started tracking my steps on the 20th of April this year when I got a Fitbit Versa. I had to Google to see where this stats can be accessed, and I was pleasantly surprised to see that since then I have done to date 1560511 steps which is 1135km. The most I have done in a single day was 19984 steps (14.5km) and the most floors I have ascended on a single day is 57. This number of floors does not include descending.
 
Eyeballing my blood pressure after not taking any meds - and doing more than 6000 steps a day, or 3.5kms.

Bordering on 138/90. Lowest is 128/80.

Going to increase the distance walked in the next week and see if there's any improvement. Pushing for 4kms or higher.

And keep monitoring regularly for a couple of days.
 
Wonder why they'e moved it from 140/90 to 130/80?

Was it some demanding snowflake who wanted free meds?

New data. I personally agree with the European guidelines. When the Drs consult with me I recommend on those lines. Downside is the adherence.
So I spent about 5 minutes raising and lowering my arm watching the blood go back and forth. I entertain myself quite easily.

Normal. Blood is pooling due to gravity venous pressure is low so the veins will pop once below the heart
Any thoughts on this?


I see you get sodium free salt at dischem etc. May actually be a decent alternative.
We've known about salt substitution for decades. It works to a certain degree.

Eyeballing my blood pressure after not taking any meds - and doing more than 6000 steps a day, or 3.5kms.

Bordering on 138/90. Lowest is 128/80.

Going to increase the distance walked in the next week and see if there's any improvement. Pushing for 4kms or higher.

And keep monitoring regularly for a couple of days.

Dont over monitor. You will stress yourself out and increase your BP. Pick a day and time and do it weekly or twice monthly
 
 
Eyeballing my blood pressure after not taking any meds - and doing more than 6000 steps a day, or 3.5kms.

Bordering on 138/90. Lowest is 128/80.

Going to increase the distance walked in the next week and see if there's any improvement. Pushing for 4kms or higher.

And keep monitoring regularly for a couple of days.
No luck till beginning of last week. Remained high.

Last week I made a consious effort to cut out Coke (the soft drink) completely from my diet.

This week I noticed a major improvement. BP definitely is getting lower.

Still a long way to go, but I'm optimistic.
 
I was diagnosed with hbp on October 2019and went straight on meds. Was 151/92 at the time.

Only this year September found it back at 118/78.

So even with meds took a long time to recover. The. Specific meds are low impact though, kinda like starter meds. Happy about it though, no real side affects.
 
LPT : Do walk and excercise while you still are mobile and have the means to.

Once you have a stroke (or other complications due to high BP) you will most likely not be able to walk around and do excercises.
 
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X