Blood Pressure...

Himalaya salt an option? Been using that without any issues.

Of course I also have cut down on my salt intake.
It is also sodium chloride, isn't it? I have been medically advised (by doctors) that salt is a salt is a salt and need to reduce intake. I am not qualified to disagree with them.
 
It is also sodium chloride, isn't it? I have been medically advised (by doctors) that salt is a salt is a salt and need to reduce intake. I am not qualified to disagree with them
A simple blood test will determine if your levels are too high.
 
How often do you do this blood test?
That I couldn't tell you - I'm not a doctor - but I guess that it would depend on the circumstances.

I only know this 'cos a blood test revealed that my sodium levels are too low ...

Cost of test should be < R70 according to PathCare
 
It is also sodium chloride, isn't it? I have been medically advised (by doctors) that salt is a salt is a salt and need to reduce intake. I am not qualified to disagree with them.
Apparently it have some extra minerals in that makes it more healthier than your average sea salt.

I may be wrong. Will have to get my ass in gear and look this up sometime.
 
So I've changed my meds - mainly as a result of the fact that in the UK they have different preferred treatments. Used to be on prexum plus - it kept my BP pretty much under control but I had some side effects from the diuretic portion of it - I was taking 4 magnesium pills a day to avoid crippling muscle cramps.

Spoke to my new doc here, she's put me on something called Ramipril, on a fairly high dose. No more cramps! And 133/71 just now.
Dosage? Once a day?
 
He hasn't been on mybb since the day of his scheduled surgery, a week ago. Doesn't augur well. Hope he's okay...
 
Which one. Im on 25mg Carloc twice a day and 12.5mg prexum twice a day.....
Was on Carloc, Prexum and Cynt. BP was at times 212/180 even with medication. My normal norm was 150/130.

Now on Pension take Bilocor and Cynt. Blood pressure range 120/80 sometimes lower 110/70.
 
Was on Carloc, Prexum and Cynt. BP was at times 212/180 even with medication. My normal norm was 150/130.

Now on Pension take Bilocor and Cynt. Blood pressure range 120/80 sometimes lower 110/70.
212/180. What the heck? I didn't know it was possible.
 
Apparently it have some extra minerals in that makes it more healthier than your average sea salt.

I may be wrong. Will have to get my ass in gear and look this up sometime.
Please check with actual medical doctors that you may know. Families/friends etc.
 
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X