Blood Pressure...

@The_Librarian and @bobcpt which ones did you get?

I got this one
I got the same one. I only wear mine while exercising, so battery life is more than adequate even with continuous heart rate monitoring enabled.

My problem with it is that the heart rate measurements are always in the 60 to 100 bpm range, while another source is reporting around 140 bpm during exercise. It does not appear to handle higher heart rate values very well.

Secondly, the watch is only compatible with the Polaroid app. The user interface isn't great and the data it collects cannot be exported. It would be much better if there was an option to sync the data with Google Fit or Samsung Health.
 
I got the same one. I only wear mine while exercising, so battery life is more than adequate even with continuous heart rate monitoring enabled.

My problem with it is that the heart rate measurements are always in the 60 to 100 bpm range, while another source is reporting around 140 bpm during exercise. It does not appear to handle higher heart rate values very well.

Secondly, the watch is only compatible with the Polaroid app. The user interface isn't great and the data it collects cannot be exported. It would be much better if there was an option to sync the data with Google Fit or Samsung Health.
it is a bluetooth device, so you should be able to parse bluetooth data...

...if they don't encrypt data between phone and watch.
 
I got the same one. I only wear mine while exercising, so battery life is more than adequate even with continuous heart rate monitoring enabled.

My problem with it is that the heart rate measurements are always in the 60 to 100 bpm range, while another source is reporting around 140 bpm during exercise. It does not appear to handle higher heart rate values very well.

Secondly, the watch is only compatible with the Polaroid app. The user interface isn't great and the data it collects cannot be exported. It would be much better if there was an option to sync the data with Google Fit or Samsung Health.
Yeah, only deal with the app is a bit frustrating.

Once summer is over I will do a run with my Polar Watch and the Polaroid watch will see what it says.
But in general I'm happy with the watch.
 
Those cars are beautiful @Grant . They have character and style, which today's cars just don't have.

And yoh, what a surreal experience...
I actually tracked down the family, told them about the incident and sent photos of the car. I think I took about 8 photos, interior and exterior, and another of the car's current owner
Screen shot 2021-03-13 at 1.20.22 PM.jpg
 
100/70 during a fast - the lowest I've seen it.

was 140/90 after gaining weight during the hard lockdown.
 
It took my doctor about 10 readings over 2 weeks to finally diagnose me with high blood pressure and prescribe medication.

As others mentioned, it can fluctuate a lot. There's even Dr anxiety some have where their BP raised just on the fear that they're seeing a doctor and he's gonna measure their BP.

Unless of course its off the charts high, in which case you need to seek help immediately.
 
So in the UK they don't give the meds I've been on. Let's see what the GP puts me on ...
 
It took my doctor about 10 readings over 2 weeks to finally diagnose me with high blood pressure and prescribe medication.

As others mentioned, it can fluctuate a lot. There's even Dr anxiety some have where their BP raised just on the fear that they're seeing a doctor and he's gonna measure their BP.

Unless of course its off the charts high, in which case you need to seek help immediately.
White coat syndrome. Had it since spending months in hospital with eyes bandaged closed.
Nearly 209 when going in for new hip in November
 
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X