Bloodbath at Cape tavern

http://www.iol.co.za/news/crime-courts/bloodbath-at-cape-tavern-1.1587839

Five people were shot dead and three others wounded when a man opened fire on them in a Lingelethu West tavern in Khayelitsha on Saturday night.

Emaplangeni, a tavern in Litha Park linked to SABC 2’s former Stokvel actor Ntobeko Rwanqa – who plays the part of Budget Naledi – was awash with blood after the eight patrons were shot.

When the Cape Argus visited the tavern on Sunday, Rwanqa refused to comment on the killings and threatened to destroy a Cape Argus photographer’s camera.

The dead include Mzandile “Zwai” Ngonzo, 27, an only son; Lwazi Daniels, 38, who was married with a son and daughter; and a man known to patrons only as Brigadier.

Provincial police confirmed that the attack had taken place on Saturday at about 10.30pm....

Last edited by a moderator:
I can't help to note how irrelevant such dramatic news are in SA. In Europe this "western movie gun fight" would have made headlines and be discussed all over the news networks. In SA . . . it only warrants 3 (three) comments on a local internet forum. WTF welcome to the new SA :D

Pooky

Garfield's Teddy
I can't help to note how irrelevant such dramatic news are in SA. In Europe this "western movie gun fight" would have made headlines and be discussed all over the news networks. In SA . . . it only warrants 3 (three) comments on a local internet forum. WTF welcome to the new SA :D
What do you want us to do, picket outside the tavern? Comment saying how atrocious it is? Sign petitions? What?

STS

Mafia Detective
It's because Europeans enjoy complaining so much :p :D