Bombshell Claim: Scientists Find "Man-made Climate Change Doesn't Exist In Practice"

STS

Mafia Detective
The biblical claim is that God spoke everything into existence. There's no magic finger.

Not sure why people are even derailing the thread with this nonsense.
He doesn't care about science in one thread, suddenly cares very deeply about science in another thread. Either troll or complete idiot

lumeer

Just in simple English state precisely what you disagree with. Because you keep on disagreeing, but you don't articulate what about exactly.
How bout, you tell me where you live, and I come over to your house and we have a "reasoned scientific discussion" about global warming. I gon kick your ass boy!

STS

Mafia Detective
Don't drag issues you have with a certain poster across threads.
Posters shouldn't be hypocrites and waste other posters' time, if someone is a troll they should be adult enough to either act like one or handle having it pointed out.

If someone doesn't care about science in 9 threads, what makes you think they are going to care about science in the 10th thread? He derails every thread, so pointing this out isn't much a of a derailment that he wouldn't have started on his own in any case

rambo919

Expert Member
He doesn't care about science in one thread, suddenly cares very deeply about science in another thread. Either troll or complete idiot
Actually it is you that is trolling now with attempted derailing via misrepresentation.

Gordon_R

Executive Member
You're spouting general maxims without actually addressing the claims themselves. Any idiot can tell you that a perpetual motion machine is impossible because of the principle of the conservation of energy. So if someone comes up with a perpetual motion theory, then you know exactly what to criticise about it.

But with this theory, you haven't given any specifics as to how we know it is wrong. General principles about needing lots of evidence without actually dealing with the evidence does not inspire confidence that you know what you are talking about, I'm sorry to say.

And as for it being a friday thread, it's my thread, and I put a popcorn avatar right at the beginning, so as far as I'm concerned getting into the details of how we should approach the paper's claims is well within the ambit of the thread.
IMO a Friday/popcorn thread should not be in the News Forum.

Edit: Are you @Dave perhaps. He was the last person to troll me...

rambo919

Expert Member
It's an attempt at humour that something can magically appear out of nothing, whether it is with a finger, a word or a magic hat.
No actually accuracy matters, not all explanations or beliefs are made equal.... but you know this.

Also the big bang is all about everything appearing out of nothing.

STS

Mafia Detective
No actually accuracy matters, not all explanations or beliefs are made equal.... but you know this.

Also the big bang is all about everything appearing out of nothing.
Actually a better summary is that everything was already there, it just exploded, just as the idea that god was always there and decided to say "Light" one day

rambo919

Expert Member
Actually a better summary is that everything was already there, it just exploded, just as the idea that god was always there and decided to say "Light" one day
Making both theories religious since neither can be empirically proven, even if you use a time machine you could not prove it since you would need to go to a time before time as much sense as that makes.

STS

Mafia Detective
Making both theories religious since neither can be empirically proven, even if you use a time machine you could not prove it since you would need to go to a time before time as much sense as that makes.
Actually there is more evidence for the big bang using simple logic than there is for a magical speaking god, just as there is more evidence for global warming and pollution than there is for a 20000 year old planet period, i can share some evidence if you like and you don't have to post counter articles, you can just explain to me why it isn't common sense

rambo919

Expert Member
Actually there is more evidence for the big bang using simple logic than there is for a magical speaking god, just as there is more evidence for global warming and pollution than there is for a 20000 year old planet period, i can share some evidence if you like and you don't have to post counter articles, you can just explain to me why it isn't common sense
Nope, using logic alone God can be a quite valid explanation. You are just not prepared to admit that your presuppositions that you call facts are actually emotionally based conclusions of others, that you choose to believe them (faith) as opposed to alternate theories on equal emperic footing.

The fact that you prefer to use the rhetoric of the ruling scientific priesthood instead of expressing your beliefs using your own mind says a lot especially since you refuse to accept no counter other than more such rhetoric...... it's simply religious argumentation designed to result in a "winner" in the end.

And no I wont address the false comparatives you attempt to set up. Next you will equate believing in aliens to thinking the world is a diamond or something.

IMO a Friday/popcorn thread should not be in the News Forum.

Edit: Are you @Dave perhaps. He was the last person to troll me...
I think you are suffering from motivated reasoning and you haven't actually looked at what you're criticising. Thus I am attacking your claims in such a way as to demonstrate this fact.

I don't see how that is trolling.