Bombshell Claim: Scientists Find "Man-made Climate Change Doesn't Exist In Practice"

STS

Mafia Detective
Nope, using logic alone God can be a quite valid explanation. You are just not prepared to admit that your presuppositions that you call facts are actually emotionally based conclusions of others, that you choose to believe them (faith) as opposed to alternate theories on equal emperic footing.

The fact that you prefer to use the rhetoric of the ruling scientific priesthood instead of expressing your beliefs using your own mind says a lot especially since you refuse to accept no counter other than more such rhetoric...... it's simply religious argumentation designed to result in a "winner" in the end.

And no I wont address the false comparatives you attempt to set up. Next you will equate believing in aliens to thinking the world is a diamond or something.
Logic is easily used when you refuse to or cannot define something - you wouldn't even be able to explain what god is and does, more so as to the motive and intention for creating something. Science gives you a computer, scripture tells you why god wanted you to make a computer.

It is only scientific rhetoric because there is no explanation as to why god would have done the things he did, but science can explain the same things as if it were a manual or encyclopedia. The big bang has thousands of articles and readings, measurements, photos to explain in detail why it is the most popular theory - god has one piece of scripture quoting him, and it wasn't even at the moment it was said.

I am just saying be skeptical, but don't be so skeptical that you let pride and common sense get in the way of what is real. You don't have to like the truth, but at least acknowledge it for what it is.

If you want carbon tax to be abolished and to drive a car that blows out black smoke like a factory, don't make up a BS reasons to justify it, just do it because it is what you want to do

rambo919

Honorary Master
Actually there is more evidence for the big bang using simple logic than there is for a magical speaking god, just as there is more evidence for global warming and pollution than there is for a 20000 year old planet period, i can share some evidence if you like and you don't have to post counter articles, you can just explain to me why it isn't common sense
Logic is easily used when you refuse to or cannot define something - you wouldn't even be able to explain what god is and does, more so as to the motive and intention for creating something. Science gives you a computer, scripture tells you why god wanted you to make a computer.

It is only scientific rhetoric because there is no explanation as to why god would have done the things he did, but science can explain the same things as if it were a manual or encyclopedia. The big bang has thousands of articles and readings, measurements, photos to explain in detail why it is the most popular theory - god has one piece of scripture quoting him, and it wasn't even at the moment it was said.

I am just saying be skeptical, but don't be so skeptical that you let pride and common sense get in the way of what is real. You don't have to like the truth, but at least acknowledge it for what it is.

If you want carbon tax to be abolished and to drive a car that blows out black smoke like a factory, don't make up a BS reasons to justify it, just do it because it is what you want to do
Do you even see how many goal posts you shifted there?

pinball wizard

Honorary Master
Actually there is more evidence for the big bang using simple logic than there is for a magical speaking god, just as there is more evidence for global warming and pollution than there is for a 20000 year old planet period, i can share some evidence if you like and you don't have to post counter articles, you can just explain to me why it isn't common sense
Says you.

Billions will say it takes as much if not more faith to believe that all existence began out of nothing and that theoretical maths proves it. You know what theoretical means, right?

STS

Mafia Detective
Says you.

Billions will say it takes as much if not more faith to believe that all existence began out of nothing and that theoretical maths proves it. You know what theoretical means, right?
Well not scripture itself, but a lot of belief around scripture has been proven wrong as advancements in science have been made - never has belief or scripture proven science wrong.

Some examples are the scriptures interpretation of the heavens, why people fall ill, the anatomy of some animals, where we came from, etc. Of course people have made assumptions and mistakes in science as well, but it is usually evidence and science that erases these errors and inconsistencies in the first place

Religion and faith are wonderful things, but don't bring them to a science thread

STS

Mafia Detective
:cautious:

So what exactly was your purpose in coming to this thread?
To point out the hypocrisy of the guy who says "I'm a bit of a scientist and skeptical of this" then tries to sell you snake oil

I find it (mildly) amusing that many people accept it as a (scientifically proven) fact that CO2 emissions is the reason for global warming.
If he didn't want my thoughts on his post, he shouldn't have posted

Gingerbeardman

Executive Member
To point out the hypocrisy of the guy who says "I'm a bit of a scientist and skeptical of this" then tries to sell you snake oil

If he didn't want my thoughts on his post, he shouldn't have posted
The fact of the matter is that he didn't bring his religious convictions up, you did. He was playing by the science rules. If you waited for him to jump back to the religious stuff, then your complaints might be a fair cop.

Imo, he has a valid point. The science backing up the CO2 global warming theory is nothing but a correlation. I don't see anyone ruling out, for example, the idea that a warmer planet supports more biomass which then pushes the atmospheric CO2 levels up and so CO2 tracks average temperature. All we have at this point is a correlation, but not much by way of explaining exactly what gives rise to the correlation, and yet people want to pronounce upon one possible interpretation like they stumbled upon it in a holy book or something.

SaiyanZ

Executive Member
There could be many reasons for climate change. To limit it to just a few or things happening on Earth doesn't make sense.

The Earth is not in a closed system. It's travelling through space around the Sun. The solar system is also traveling around the galaxy. The galaxy is also moving through space in sync with other galaxies, etc. etc. The Sun is also not generating exactly the same amount of heat at all times.

So it's possible that there could be regions in space we pass through that are slightly warmer. Or regions in space that have fine dust particles so less warmth reaches the Earth. So the Earth is then cooler. There's so much stuff that can affect the Earth and life on it. It's scary.

Gordon_R

Honorary Master
There could be many reasons for climate change. To limit it to just a few or things happening on Earth doesn't make sense.

The Earth is not in a closed system. It's travelling through space around the Sun. The solar system is also traveling around the galaxy. The galaxy is also moving through space in sync with other galaxies, etc. etc. The Sun is also not generating exactly the same amount of heat at all times.

So it's possible that there could be regions in space we pass through that are slightly warmer. Or regions in space that have fine dust particles so less warmth reaches the Earth. So the Earth is then cooler. There's so much stuff that can affect the Earth and life on it. It's scary.
LOL!

Its also possible that there is a tooth fairy too...

Geoff.D

Honorary Master
Of course, the tooth fairy exists ---- I saw one on TV the other day --- looked very much like the Scorpion King o_O

No the whole point of all of this is that Climate Change is a proven fact that has occurred over and over again throughout the existence of the earth. There is plenty of supporting evidence left behind by Climate Change. CC takes place all the time, it is a continuous natural process.

Next, There ARE many factors that influence the rate at which CC happens, many of which we have no idea about, some of which has been quantified to some extent, and even more that are suspected to influence CC, but for which measurable evidence has not yet been found.

Trying to pin it all on one single factor is an exercise in futility, just as is the idea that IF CC is - man-made, that our puny efforts over a few years are going to change the process and outcome.

Last edited:

lumeer

Expert Member
Me and the boys is gone hit the town tonight and we gone find us some global warming trash talkers and we gone beat the **** out them.

Reactions: STS

surface

Executive Member

In addition to all this, I think there is a strong argument to be made about flat earth. Just think - if there is a rotating object, then sun will hit it in many places thereby making it less concentrated. But, if there was a flat object, then sun is constantly on it making it hotter and hotter.

Jabulani22

Executive Member
Wow so scientists are telling us that in all of our wisdom and years of scientific experience that nobody knows ?
Who would have thought that a planet which is at least millions of years older than us could experience things naturally which we have no idea have happened before we happened , amazing .
Its almost like they are guessing or something , almost like there are too many factors other than how many prius owners there are compared to the damage our plastic straws do while conducting endless trials of hazardous chemically fueled weapons .1560684518770.jpg