British series, mini-series and dramas .....

Mr Sloane was very entertaining! Really enjoyed it! Has it been punted in this thread?
 
Finished War & Peace.

Well worth the watch although I'm not inspired to read the book.

Lily James is as always very convincing ( and very easy on the eyes).

Bloody stupid way of warring in those days - soldiers all lined up in a row, even a blind person could not miss.
 
Cuckoo fans.

The critically acclaimed BBC Three’s comedy series Cuckoo will be back with all new episodes in just ten days. A third series of the hit show is scheduled to premiere in the UK on Tuesday, February 16, 2016. Taylor Lautner, Greg Davies, Helen Baxendale are all going to be back to reprise their roles in the popular sitcom.
 
I don't know where else to put this, but there is a great little one hour one off BBC comedy/drama called 'We're All Doomed' about the conceiving and putting together of Dads Army from the view of the writer Jimmy Perry.

If you love the show, it's unmissable and available on KAT.
 
I don't know where else to put this, but there is a great little one hour one off BBC comedy/drama called 'We're All Doomed' about the conceiving and putting together of Dads Army from the view of the writer Jimmy Perry.

If you love the show, it's unmissable and available on KAT.

Thanks but I couldn't find it on that site. I'm hoping to see the movie soon.
 
Thanks but I couldn't find it on that site. I'm hoping to see the movie soon.

It's been wrongly labelled as WE ARE instead of We're linky

Still not sure about the coming movie. I'll watch it of course but I just don't know how they can replace these legends.
 
Thanks for the link. I thought as much and searched for 'all doomed'. The only result was a link to the cANCer website.
 
The Night Manager has started.

BBC1 spy thriller The Night Manager begins this Sunday 21st February at 9pm on BBC1. Starring the best and brightest of British talent including Tom Hiddleston and Hugh Laurie, the story is an adaptation of a novel by the spymaster himself: John Le Carré. Find out more about the cast and characters below.
 
Looking forward to The Night Manager. John Le Carre story with Hugh Laurie.

The Night Manager has started.

BBC1 spy thriller The Night Manager begins this Sunday 21st February at 9pm on BBC1. Starring the best and brightest of British talent including Tom Hiddleston and Hugh Laurie, the story is an adaptation of a novel by the spymaster himself: John Le Carré. Find out more about the cast and characters below.

Grabbed it last night. Looking forward to it.

Started second season of Endeavour last night. Really enjoying this show.
 
Thirteen (starts Sunday 28 February on BBC iPlayer)

[video=youtube;1oYf2n-acIA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1oYf2n-acIA[/video]

The idea for the five-part thriller, which airs on the now web-only BBC3, came from the Londoner’s fascination with what happens once survivors are out of the public eye. “There are so many of those real-life horror stories of people who are taken, and I do think people are traditionally more interested in what happened wherever they were kept,” Dickens explains. “But I just thought: what happens to these women – and it does tend to be women – after the press is out of their face? How do they begin to return to real life?”

In Thirteen’s opening episode, protagonist Ivy Moxam (Jodie Comer) begins to answer those questions, as she makes her escape from the Bristol basement where she’s been held for 13 years. The world has carried on in the 26-year-old’s absence: her parents have separated, her younger sister is engaged and her first love Tim is married. Unable to believe that Ivy is alive, her sister even demands that the police carry out a DNA test to make sure that the person claiming to be her sister isn’t an imposter.
 
The Night Manager has started.

BBC1 spy thriller The Night Manager begins this Sunday 21st February at 9pm on BBC1. Starring the best and brightest of British talent including Tom Hiddleston and Hugh Laurie, the story is an adaptation of a novel by the spymaster himself: John Le Carré. Find out more about the cast and characters below.

Excellent first episode. Can't wait for episode 2. Feels like a great spy movie at times. Can see Tom Hiddleston as the next James Bond. Hard to take Russell Tovey serious though after seeing him in Him & Her.
 
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X