British series, mini-series and dramas .....

hilton

Expert Member
Informer a brand new drama starting on 16th October on BBC One. Starring Nabhaan Rizwan, Paddy Considine and Bel Powley.

hilton

Expert Member
For all the Julia Davis fans, here's a trailer for Sally4Ever.

Sally4Ever follows the life of Sally (Catherine Shepherd), a soon-to-be promoted marketer who, for 10 years, has lived a comfortable and dull suburban life with David. But on the night he asks her to marry him, Sally has a crisis and embarks on a wild affair with Emma (Julia Davis), a seductive, charismatic, boho actress, singer, musician, poet and author.

hilton

Expert Member
Are you guys ready for the American version of "Camping" ?
Seeing as Jennifer Garner and David Tennant are in the show I'll give it a go but I usually hate shows based on another country's version. Couldn't stand the UK Office after watching the US version first. Likewise the US version of 'The Worst Week of my Life' was completely useless. Often the dry British humour doesn't migrate properly to the US actors.

MightyQuin

Honorary Master
Seeing as Jennifer Garner and David Tennant are in the show I'll give it a go but I usually hate shows based on another country's version. Couldn't stand the UK Office after watching the US version first. Likewise the US version of 'The Worst Week of my Life' was completely useless. Often the dry British humour doesn't migrate properly to the US actors.
I loved both the UK and US versions of "The Office". Just being reminder of them makes me want to watch them all over again....

Attachments

cerebus

Honorary Master
I loved both the UK and US versions of "The Office". Just being reminder of them makes me want to watch them all over again....
Except for the last few seasons of the US Office. But even they weren't too bad. There's a distinct lack of good comedies on TV these days.

sand_man

Honorary Master
I regularly re-watch US Office, the entire series. It is the only series I've EVER re-watched! I just never get tired of those freaks!! Michael Scott's cringy character? It just so entertaining watching him embarrass himself... and continue to be so oblivious to his uselessness... reminds me a bit of myself sometimes.... :laugh::unsure:

Watched the entire series 4x now!! Over the last 12 years or so...

MightyQuin

Honorary Master
Except for the last few seasons of the US Office. But even they weren't too bad. There's a distinct lack of good comedies on TV these days.
For some wit and comedic relief I watch stuff like:

8 out of 10 Cats
8 out of 10 Cats Does Countdown
Mock the Week
Would I Lie to You?