Browser wars 2015: Chrome vs IE vs Firefox

jammio

Firefox somehow handles certain sites better than chrome. I usually have both open

backstreetboy

Honorary Master
Yes Chrome FTW. Even MS Edge cannot compare (force closes and instability). It took Edge 3 months to gain bookmark syncing and it's useless at that because it's not available on Android/iPhone.

BaronBuffoon

Executive Member
I have tried to get along with Edge, but it gives me less control over my downloads than Internet Explorer did. It doesn't like Vidi.co.za, either.

SRWare Iron, on the other paw, does. I have not tried it with Firefox. I prefer not to have multiple browsers installed.

Chris.Geerdts

Expert Member
I opened IE Edge recently and a day later had my first blue screen of death in decades

I use Chrome but hate to feed the google advertising monster. I find it pushes up hard drive usage and sometimes prevents my laptop sleeping

pjjdp

Expert Member
Our accounting package is only supported in IE.
I use Chrome for most browsing. But as Jammio says, FF handles some sites better than IE, the new IOL site comes to mind. On my iPhone I only use Chrome.

Bryn

Doubleplusgood
I use Firefox, mostly because it has the best RSS reader implementation (found a Chrome addon that gives live RSS folders too, but it's not as good) and the FlashGot addon. I like the dedicated search bar too.

Ocali

Expert Member
Chrome seems to work fine, on (windows) laptop and android devices.
I find chrome a bit finicky on my MacBook, but i still use it over chrome.
VC browser is also okayish on android

Ho3n3r

Honorary Master
No idea why Microsoft browsers are even part of an article comparing best browsers.

backstreetboy

Honorary Master
I opened IE Edge recently and a day later had my first blue screen of death in decades

I use Chrome but hate to feed the google advertising monster. I find it pushes up hard drive usage and sometimes prevents my laptop sleeping
But you use Windows 10. Oh the irony...

zippy

Executive Member
I randomly click on IE. Firefox or Chrome on Windows and on my mac, Safari, Firefox or Chrome.