Burger King Review

90% eat bacon, 10% don't? Better make 100% of our stores halal.
 
If you're in South Africa, or any country with a significant Muslim population you've been eating "Halal" food already.

Dunno why you'd want to exclude almost a million Muslims in Cape Town, with a lot of disposable income, only for you to serve pork...it's like cutting you're nose to spite you're face.

Geez. Can you read? I simply stated that the BK model in SA is not a true BK. It was invented in a non halaal country. I did not say that we should exclude the muslims. I don't care about the muslims. I just dislike Haalal meat- always have. It's bled out anemic gunk. That said, I would and do, when possible, go out of my way to find non haalal products, But BK was invented for the pork lovin crowd. They just sold a watered down version to Grand Parade Investments. It shouldn't be called BK.
Mcdonalds also sold their "haalal model" to South Africa but because mcdonalds only relies on pork products for breakfast offerings the hamburgers remain unaffected. NOT SO with BK.
 
Who says we have to cut them out? Have some Halaal and some non Halaal branches. Steers seems to do it quite well.

And kingrob is wrong. Muslin population is closer to 6%. So the other 94% of the country suffers due to a minority.

I thought SA was past that.

Even if Burger King included pork on their menu it won't make a considerable impact on me. It's no deal breaker in any event I doubt 94% of South Africa eat pork.
 
Geez. Can you read? I simply stated that the BK model in SA is not a true BK. It was invented in a non halaal country. I did not say that we should exclude the muslims. I don't care about the muslims. I just dislike Haalal meat- always have. It's bled out anemic gunk. That said, I would and do, when possible, go out of my way to find non haalal products, But BK was invented for the pork lovin crowd. They just sold a watered down version to Grand Parade Investments. It shouldn't be called BK.
Mcdonalds also sold their "haalal model" to South Africa but because mcdonalds only relies on pork products for breakfast offerings the hamburgers remain unaffected. NOT SO with BK.

Not quite the truth about McD... We are lacking the famous and absolutely amazing McRib... But fully agree on Burger King. Nothing like an Angus burger with bacon!!!
 
Mcdonalds also sold their "haalal model" to South Africa but because mcdonalds only relies on pork products for breakfast offerings the hamburgers remain unaffected. NOT SO with BK.
You get bacon on various McDonalds burgers overseas.
Even if Burger King included pork on their menu it won't make a considerable impact on me. It's no deal breaker in any event I doubt 94% of South Africa eat pork.
So 6% of the population are eating 100% of the bacon and sausage (including wors) that contain pork in SA?
 
Last edited:
:whistle:

60SEn49.jpg

looks good

...if i could post pics

i would post the SA flag
 
I ate at the Cavendish Square BK today. I only queued for 2 minutes and got a Big King XXL medium meal. It was delicious. MUCH better than my burger at the branch in town. I'd rather buy that than Steers or McDs. Great experience overall.
 
I ate at the Cavendish Square BK today. I only queued for 2 minutes and got a Big King XXL medium meal. It was delicious. MUCH better than my burger at the branch in town. I'd rather buy that than Steers or McDs. Great experience overall.

When did that open?
 
So was in CPT this week and tried BK (Double Whopper) all I can say is Meh, not bad same type of patties as McDonalds though they are larger.
Have to say disappointed considering i tried BK when i was in Dubai and Bahrain and there its great then again the McDonalds is much better there.
 
Geez. Can you read? I simply stated that the BK model in SA is not a true BK. It was invented in a non halaal country. I did not say that we should exclude the muslims. I don't care about the muslims. I just dislike Haalal meat- always have. It's bled out anemic gunk. That said, I would and do, when possible, go out of my way to find non haalal products, But BK was invented for the pork lovin crowd. They just sold a watered down version to Grand Parade Investments. It shouldn't be called BK.
Mcdonalds also sold their "haalal model" to South Africa but because mcdonalds only relies on pork products for breakfast offerings the hamburgers remain unaffected. NOT SO with BK.

Sigh
Idiots everywhere!
Halaal meat tastes exactly like non halaal meat, no difference on taste, it's not bled out like kosher.
It's impossible for you to taste the difference.
 
Btw the non-halal steerseses and wimpyses use halal patties too. Only difference is they can use bacon and pork in store too.
 
Depending on the agreed supplier, you are 100% correct.

Edit: @Abzo
 
Last edited:
Finally had some BK. Tastes awesome, even without bacon.

Before: I thought to myself, why is everyone going on about a Whopper? It's just patty lettuce tomato and onion? Boring!
After: OMG, so good! I'm not a fan of raw onion on stuff but with the whopper it just works.

Chips are much better than McD's, and i'd even prefer it over steers to be honest, nice and crispy, steers chips aren't what they used to be.
I put the mayo on my fries, lol, first time I've done that, but it was awesome, the mayo tastes excellent, kinda sweet.

I make better onion rings though, but they are tasty...
Brought some burgers home and will try them later. (Big King XXL and 2 x Chilly Cheese Rolls)

So yeah, I'm sold - BK is awesome, even with no bacon. I'm content with their menu - even if they ONLY sold whoppers.

Build more!
 
Finally had some BK. Tastes awesome, even without bacon.

Before: I thought to myself, why is everyone going on about a Whopper? It's just patty lettuce tomato and onion? Boring!
After: OMG, so good! I'm not a fan of raw onion on stuff but with the whopper it just works.

Chips are much better than McD's, and i'd even prefer it over steers to be honest, nice and crispy, steers chips aren't what they used to be.
I put the mayo on my fries, lol, first time I've done that, but it was awesome, the mayo tastes excellent, kinda sweet.

I make better onion rings though, but they are tasty...
Brought some burgers home and will try them later. (Big King XXL and 2 x Chilly Cheese Rolls)

So yeah, I'm sold - BK is awesome, even with no bacon. I'm content with their menu - even if they ONLY sold whoppers.

Build more!

What an interesting turn of events :eek: :D
 
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X